Clear all

Noise Supression?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone else use a noise gate or noise supressor? I just got one so it is easier to controll feedback. I can use more gain on my overdrive pedal with no worries. I'm liking it so far!

I got one of these used for $75

You can get them new online for $99 but the store here wants $119. This one works fine and I thought it was a good savings for what I will use it for so I went used. I already had the Boss tuner and a Boss adapter so I bought the daisy chain power chord and I run all my pedals off one wall wart.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

(@almann1979)
Noble Member

I have one built into my boss ME-50. It does a good job, especially on Metal and heavy rock settings - would'nt :D even consider going back to not using one

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I have one built into my boss ME-50. It does a good job, especially on Metal and heavy rock settings - would'nt :D even consider going back to not using one
Like-wise on the GT-10 when I had it. I think one for each channel, and defaulted to on with a level set. It never seemed to get in the way of anything.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote