Skip to content
N(to me)GD, hope it...

Notifications
Clear all

N(to me)GD, hope it's good a deal as I thought...

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@snwbrdnegtrst)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I've been cruising the local Craigslist just to see what everyone else out there has (dangerous, I know!) when I stumbled upon someone just desperate to unload a Dean Evo. I managed to get basically a starter kit (guitar, amp, strap, and gig bag) for $60! The guitar had just been sitting so it has accumulated quite the dusty patina but nothing a little elbow grease won't clean up.
This is my first electric so I have a LOT to learn now, but I figured for the price I could get something to experiment with... it will definitely be due for a trip down to the local GC for a pro set up and a new set of strings. (strings I can do, the set-up not so much :roll: )

Anyway, just wanted to share

All the world's a stage, but the play is poorly cast

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Not a bad deal! Congrats! I think those go for about $120 for just the guitar. 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Looks like a good deal to me! For that money, in the UK, you'd be hard pushed to find a second-hand starter electric guitar - in fact, all you do with that much cash, really, is buy a few sets of strings and maybe a strap. A capo, strap and slide would probably set you back that much!

Don't know that much about Dean guitars, but I do know our old friend Arjen (currently Ignar Hillstrom on these boards, also known as Sleutelbos....see D. Hodge's review of his latest album on the GN blog) has a soft spot for them, always reccommended them. Looks nice, though - enjoy your bargain, I don't think too many like that will come your way!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@snwbrdnegtrst)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys! From the look of it it seems like it is trying to be a competitor to the Epi LP Special II... dual humbuckers, tune-o-matic bridge, etc. I plugged it in and strummed around a bit, super easy to play (even with fairly high action) but the sound is a little off... hmmm. Opened the back and looked at all the connections, DEFINITELY in need of a re-solder YIKES and I can clean the dust out while I'm at it. I'm not sure how much that'll have an effect, the poor sound could also be the cheap-y Radio Shack cable or the fact that I have NO idea what I'm doing messing around with the amp :lol: (it's a Crate XT10, any opinions? Can't find too much on it with a cursory glance on Google)
I think it'll be fun once I have it all sorted out... I figure if Dean is what Leslie West is playing these days there must be something to them!

All the world's a stage, but the play is poorly cast

ReplyQuote