Clear all

Oh Brother Where Art Thou.

16 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I just watched this film for the first time, last night.

Was that a stunt cow or very clever editing?

I didn't notice the usual disclaimer in the end credits. You know the one that says "No cows were harmed injured during the making of this film".

Great soundtrack though.

I'm still concerned about that poor cow :cry:

Not that I'm a vegetarian either. :D

Not that there's anything wrong in being a vegetarian. :?

I'm digging myself a hole here so I think I'll stop.

But if you do know how that cow is let me know please.

Thanks. :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

(@denny)
Reputable Member

Now we know how swiss cheese is made.

Denny

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I was refering to the one that got run over :cry:

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great movie Rodders! Love the soundtrack. 8) As far as the cow, well, I live in Wisconsin, commonly known as "The Dairy State", because, you guessed it, we have alot of cows around here! :roll: Most of the cows are content to live a life of grazing, being milked, normal cow stuff. Others lately have taken a new path in life... Cow Acting. To put your mind at ease; I have heard of a stunt cow training school deep in the woods in upper Wisconsin, were it's said that an ambitious cow can learn the fine art of stunt cow work, so as to further their acting career. The cow training schools around here, (lower Wisconsin), only teach a cow how to stand around, chew cud, go "moo-moo" on cue, you know, same old cliche stuff you see all over the place now adays. :roll: But a stunt cow on the other hand can really make some money in "the biz" as they refer to it. So yes, I'd have to say it was a stunt cow you saw in the movie, and I'm sure the cow is fine, they're professionals! :wink: :lol:

Dan :P

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I guess I'll have dig my DVD out and watch it again. I don't remember the poor cow part, but I do remember the frog getting squished by John Goodman.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Not that there's anything wrong in being a vegitarian.

They are not evil, just deluded. Nothing to worry about, most come back to their senses after a while. ;)

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Great movie Rodders! Love the soundtrack. 8) As far as the cow, well, I live in Wisconsin, commonly known as "The Dairy State", because, you guessed it, we have alot of cows around here! :roll: Most of the cows are content to live a life of grazing, being milked, normal cow stuff. Others lately have taken a new path in life... Cow Acting. To put your mind at ease; I have heard of a stunt cow training school deep in the woods in upper Wisconsin, were it's said that an ambitious cow can learn the fine art of stunt cow work, so as to further their acting career. The cow training schools around here, (lower Wisconsin), only teach a cow how to stand around, chew cud, go "moo-moo" on cue, you know, same old cliche stuff you see all over the place now adays. :roll: But a stunt cow on the other hand can really make some money in "the biz" as they refer to it. So yes, I'd have to say it was a stunt cow you saw in the movie, and I'm sure the cow is fine, they're professionals! :wink: :lol:

Dan :P

Bravo!! lol.

I don't know about the cow either, loved the music though.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I just watched this film for the first time, last night.

Great movie by the Coen brothers, it is one of my favorites. BTW I bought the sountrack this week.

Try to watch more movies, probably you'd like them. For example, Fargo.

ReplyQuote
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

Straight from the Internet Movie Database ( http://www.imbd.com ):

The American Humane Association, an organization that protects animal rights, mistook a computer-generated cow in the movie for a real animal and demanded proof before they would allow the use of their famous disclaimer, "No animals were harmed in the making of this motion picture." After seeing a demonstration at Digital Domain of how the cow was created, the Humane Association added the now-familiar (but then much rarer) "Scenes which may appear to place an animal in jeopardy were simulated."

So there you have have. You weren't the only one worried :wink:

As far as stunt cows go, well I guess we'll have to search elsewhere for Dan's stunt cows :P

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Big sigh of relief :D :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

As far as stunt cows go, well I guess we'll have to search elsewhere for Dan's stunt cows :P

I'm telling ya, they exist! Just take a look at what happened to me when I was out for a stroll the other day and happened to get too close to a stunt cow! Dan's walk

:lol:
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

Wow, looks like you live in quite the dangerous neighborhood!

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Come on, Dan. Any Cheddarhead could see that Holstein was on steroids. :P

:lol:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
 Bish