Notifications
Clear all

OK- So I never Got Into Dylan

39 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Well, you have to admire a guy who's had Adrianna Lima dance around him in a Victoria's Secret ad!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've been not wanting to be the one to sound stupid and ask this, but just what is that an x-ray of?Looks like a hand.

With one more finger than either of mine.

Sorry 8) I shoulda put a smiley after the pic. The bit about taking him to the ER is not true. Didn't mean to be taken seriously on that one guys!! Sorry!!! Photoshop is a wonderful thing fellas!!!!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

I love his lyric work

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

noone before or since has written like him.

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Well Ricochet you peeked my curiosity!! Cool ad, I now have double the respect for Dylan. See the ad here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAAUV6E9tYo

Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

I agree Bob Dylan is an excellent song writer but I like his songs a lot better when someone else sings them. There is just something about his voice that really bothers me when I hear it but, in all fairness, because of this I haven't really listened to all that much of his recordings. I had the same problem with Mark Knopfler but he grew on me so I suppose I should really give Dylan a fair shot and listen to his songs at least once.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I agree Bob Dylan is an excellent song writer but I like his songs a lot better when someone else sings them. There is just something about his voice that really bothers me when I hear it but, in all fairness, because of this I haven't really listened to all that much of his recordings. I had the same problem with Mark Knopfler but he grew on me so I suppose I should really give Dylan a fair shot and listen to his songs at least once.

You know, the older I get, the more I have started listening to what the artist is trying to say both through the music and lyrics. I completely understand your issue with his voice, I had the same. But I'm finding that I can look (listen) past that and really enjoy his stuff.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

when i first heard his voice, i hated it. it wasn't until i heard lay lady lay from nashville skyline that i realized he could sing well in a style i was used to (a la elvis). in fact, i heard an elvis song the other day that i thought for a minute was a dylan outtake.

what's interesting is that once i understood why he was making his voice sound like he did (the early folk and country blues singers, the harmonica melodies) i began to understand that there was gold to be found there, too.

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

- and I recommend listening to his latest three albums (Time out of Mind - 1996(?), Love and Theft (2001) and Modern Times (2007) ) His voice sounds like he's been through hell and back. It almost hurts listening to it sometimes. It matches the emotions and pain in the songs so good it makes me shiver. "Trying to get to heaven before they close the door...", "It ain't dark yet but it's getting there..." "I loved you then and ever shall - But there's no one left here to tell -The world has gone black before my eyes"

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3