Notifications
Clear all

OMG I JUST SAW STYX AND REO SPEEDWAGON

11 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@travioli)
Topic starter  

i got back from the concert last night. i know this isn't the right place to post this but it was probably the coolest thing i've ever seen. during come sail away they shot off a whole bunch of confetti, it was so awesome. i can't wait to go to another concert.

(@srv-fan68)
Eminent Member

Now I feel really old! I remember buying REO Speedwagon's High Infedility when it first came out. I've been a fan ever since, but I didn't know that they were still performing. Styx is great too, and they've been through a lot. Always great music.

Thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
(@davem)
Estimable Member

I can recall picking up the "Live" record. What a great live album. Gotta love 157 Riverside Ave. I hope they're still playing it.

Dave

Sometimes in life you get shown the light,
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

Live music rules! Great that you had a blast.

Reminds me of the time I saw Motorhead in SF a few years back. It was Nashville Pu**y, Fu Manchu, and Motorhead. The opening acts were amazing, and when Lemmy and the boys hit the stage they were psyched! They hit the stage @ around 10:00pm or so, and didn't finish until almost 2:00am! James Hetfield came out and played some songs with them, as did other famous SF musicians.

Now I know what they mean when a rock band says they are going to kick some a**. Mine was kicked, for sure. I was a puddle. :twisted:

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@morpheus)
Trusted Member

Styx and REO played a concert in St. Louis several years ago. It was an awesome show. I believe there was a live CD released from recordings of that night. It would be a good one to add to any classic rock collection.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I was never a big styx fan, but just prior to Hi-Infidelity REO released 9-Lives, which was close to heavy metal. That was one of my favorites. The pop centric Hi-Infidelity let me down.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I can recall picking up the "Live" record. What a great live album. Gotta love 157 Riverside Ave. I hope they're still playing it.

OK, what town was 157 Riverside placed in? There was a party band in college that played it, and really went nuts with the scat vocal/guitar solo.

Laz

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

back in the early 80s i called in to a LA radio station on a thanksgiving night to request "flying turkey trot". instead I won 2 tickets to see "iggy pop", unfortunatly i was drunk and i thought they said "ZZ top". when i found out i cussed them out and my friends heard me over the radio. needless to say i was an instant local celebrity.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@jsnood)
Estimable Member

Now I feel really old!I know the feeling. I saw REO Speedwagon and Blue Oyster Cult at the old Academy of Music in NYC back in '74 or '75.

There is no way to peace. Peace is the way. - A.J. Muste

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

back in the early 80s i called in to a LA radio station on a thanksgiving night to request "flying turkey trot". instead I won 2 tickets to see "iggy pop", unfortunatly i was drunk and i thought they said "ZZ top". when i found out i cussed them out and my friends heard me over the radio. needless to say i was an instant local celebrity.

"First I called in to request Flying Turkey Trot, then I thought you said I got 2 free tickets to ZZ Top and now your telling me I have to go waste my time at an IGGY POP concert! This is a bunch Luwak poo...Hey are you guy's still going to play Flying Turkey Trot?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I grew up near Chicago and I remember radio comercials on WLS advertising R.E.O. and Styx gigs at local Chicago Bars. ( 1971) --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote