Clear all

OMG !! Look at this...

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well , i have been fairly keeping off the boards , but , i guess i have to post this link -

http://macca.devstars.com/phpBB2/

I mean , look at the no. of members there , the total topics posted and some individual members have gone over 8000 !! and its all meant for one man.

Never knew that someone could be that famous.And till now , i used to think that only i am his fan.(lately i have shifted my sympathies somewhat towards harrison ...)

This is the biggest forum , i have seen so far , if measure by numbers.Anyone beating it ? :shock:

(@homchz)
Eminent Member

Do you mean by board or by celebrity?

There are much larger boards out there member wise, and topic wise. Just not all of them are about celebrities.

Joshua Jones New Folk Singer Songwriter
Joshua Jones @ MySpace

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I think all of us here would accept that Paul McCartney is rightly bigger than Guitar Noise

However, I wonder if the great man himself has made as many posts as Nick

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I'd also contend that number mean darn little . . .

Some of the greatest musicians in history have been remain little known, while I wouldn't be at all surprised to find a board dedicated to Britney Spears to have a few thousand or more members.

Confusing popularity with quality is an easy trap to fall into.

That's not to say that McCartney himself provides low quality, but the posts from Paul section has 10 total posts in it . . .

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote