Notifications
Clear all

On a morbid note.....

22 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Pop Goes the Weasel, Disney version. Have a formal dresscode so the contrast couldn;t be sharper. A shame I'd be dead, would have loved to see how people react to it.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

"Box of Rain" - Grateful Dead

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@whoelse)
Estimable Member

John Lennon's "Imagine" for me.

ReplyQuote
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member

Monty Python's Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. Every word of it sums up my attitude to life and death and I'd rather remind the rellies of that than encourage them to wallow in grief, I can't think of anything more fitting. Maybe I'll write something that says the same kind of thing in my own words at some point, that's an idea that's struck me a few times now.

Ironic that your name is "Misanthrope". Maybe you should change it to "philanthrope"? :lol:
For funeral songs? I like Gary Jule's "Mad World"- such feeling! :D

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I went to a friend's funeral last night. (She was 54 years old, FWIW.) They played Disney's Wish Upon a Star, Elvis' Can't Help Falling In Love With You, and Josh Turner's Long Black Train.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Monty Python's Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. Every word of it sums up my attitude to life and death and I'd rather remind the rellies of that than encourage them to wallow in grief, I can't think of anything more fitting. Maybe I'll write something that says the same kind of thing in my own words at some point, that's an idea that's struck me a few times now.

Ironic that your name is "Misanthrope". Maybe you should change it to "philanthrope"? :lol:
Misanthrope doesn't mean miserable ;)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hmmmm....give me about 70 years to come up with a set-list, by which time I probably won't give a toss anyway - not like I'll be listening......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2