Skip to content
Only can have ONE a...

Notifications
Clear all

Only can have ONE acoustic - what is it?

24 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ok, similar to the electric poll, if you could only have one acoustic guitar, which would it be?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I don't care, just make sure it has six strings. I haven't tried all of those brand myselves but those I've tried were all more then good enough. Different from each other, sure, but I could live with any random one.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

My Tak EG523SC is the nicest Acoustic I've been able to afford.
sound is great unplugged or Amped

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Well, I really haven't played anywhere near as many acoustics as I have electrics.

I have an old Ovation.
Not exactly what I'd call a Great guitar.
It's a TANK really.

It has a cedar top, and I really do prefer cedar tops over anything else.

Though - Pre-War Martins REALLY get my heart pumping!!!!
And no, I've never played one (or Martin's pre-war re-issue types)
I would find it hard to believe that I would dislike them though, so....

Martin gets my vote.

" (I) pulled in to Nazareth...."

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I would probably go for the Gibson (Blue bird) maybe a 1960 vintage.....Earth to dog....But I love my $99 Johnson. I can usually coax some nice slide guitar tone out of it when the atmospheric conditions are just right.I also have a Blueridge thats pretty nice to play and sounds good to my ears :D

Oh...just one :?: Thats no fun :P

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

I voted for the Seagull, of the guitars I have it is my favorite. May be a subjective vote though because its the folk size and I just feel so comfortable with it. I have and had some dreads and travel guitars and even a thinbody, but none feel as good to play as the Seagull (they may sound a little better though).

Eric

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Cedar-topped Taylor 714ce for me, please.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Selmer . . . which of course isn't on the list :)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I guess I should have added an "other" to this list. Dammit!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Probably a 6-string nylon (even though I love 12-strings and steel strings), there's just something about a nylon string tone that is so beautiful. The brand doesn't matter, so long as it's got THAT tone.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Seagull for me please! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

For guitars in my price range it's a Seagull. IF I was willing and able to spend a lot more (like $3K+++) then maybe one of the Santa Cruz guitars.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member

it wasnt one of the choices, but i absolutely love my Garrison G-20. solid cedar top, solid birch back and sides, it cost me $499 out the door. i dont buy a guitar impulsively - i research it and torture myself with the details. i was in the market for an acoustic for a full year before deciding on the guitar. it came down to the Garrison and a Taylor 214. both sounded and felt wonderful. all things equal, the Taylor cost $250 more. being a bit of a traditionalist, i didnt like the fiber-glass frame work inside the Garrison, but i couldnt argue with my hands and ears.
i cant comment on the Asian-made Garrison line, but if you come across any of the Canadian models, try one.

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

The one I've got - the SPT I bought off Nick. I really don't feel qualified to vote on this, though, as I've never even tried most of the guitars on that list - don't touch what you can't afford! - I did have a Yamaha, that got sold when I got the SPT. I've heard a couple of Takamines played that sounded very nice. But that's it really.

I'll stick with what I've got till I can afford a really nice Martin!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I don't care, just make sure it has six strings. I haven't tried all of those brand myselves but those I've tried were all more then good enough. Different from each other, sure, but I could live with any random one.

+1
Anything with 6 strings for me too also as well .....well, maybe not ANYTHING

Picture disclaimer...I got that pic from Worth1000.com. I do not, in any way shape or form, take credit for it. It is copyright protected and I do not intend to use it for commercial, not for profit, or personal gain. I will not show it to people that do not understand.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2