Clear all

Opinions on Dunlop Crybaby

23 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@apache)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Glad you got one apache, i am sure you wont be disappointed. i wish the one on my floor board sounded like a cry baby.

i have to admit i havent heard of Appley Bridge - i live in Rossendale, between blackburn and burnley, and 1O minutes from bury on the A56. How far apart does that make us?

Thanks - you're probably about 50 mins away from me, I'm about 5 mins off jct 27 of the M6 (the one after Charnock Richard services when heading south) heading towards Southport way.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Wow TR - that looks a gorgeous place to live! I'd ermm never heard of the Thousand Islands region - it looks beautiful!
It's where they invented the salad dressing. :lol: Actually it is. :roll: Ilsand center top of that pic has a castle on it. George Boldt built it for his wife ... long story. He owned the famous Waldorf Astoria in New York city and named the salad dressing after the region. Those islands are full of millionaires summer homes. Called millionaries row ... go figure. It used to be a playground for the rich and famous. We got another castle here too. The Singer sewing machine guy built that one. Singer Castle. And I bet you thought all the castles were over where you are.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wow Terry that is really nice area, when you said you lived out in the sticks it's not what I imagined. Except for the the freakin cold winters up there it looks beautiful.

Pictures look great especially since they seem to have been taken in the fall when the colors on the trees come out.

Looks like a great place to do some fishing and kayaking.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Yeah, that is a borrowed photo. I live in farm country, the river is a couple miles from my house. So, it looks like the sticks out my door, but in just a matter of minutes I am paddling in paradise. Well, once it warms up. Right now a dip in the river could be the end of you. The ice is all melted though. The place where the picture was taken is 20 miles from my door but the 1000 Islands start just a couple of miles north of my house. My brother had a place on the river a couple miles from my current house, I grew up there as he is 18 years older than me so he bought it when I was 6. I would spend my summers there. Naturally I wanted to show the prettiest part of the river, so the borrowed pic is Alexandria Bay NY a resort village in the heart of the 1000 Islands. I can be there in 25 minutes. Here is the plain part of the river 2 miles from my door and the pics are one my daughter's boyfriend took last summer.

We were on one of the islands about a mile and a half out in the bay. It is Cedar Island and there is a state park there only accesable by boat. The next island out is the one Singer Castle is on. This one is a borrowed pic as I don't have one of the castle.

Oh wait! Kyle did get one!

You could see this from my brother's dock .... just it is a couple of miles out. The other web pic is Alexandria Bay, the resort town. Have to feed a parking meter and put the kayaks in at the little village beach, dodge drunks in rented boats and jet skis to get to the islands. :lol: It's worth it though. They have boat tours. They do the American and Canadian sides and stop at Boldt Castle on Heart Island. It's funny, all the tourists see the "locals" in their kayaks and start snapping pictures of us.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Looks like a great place. My dream house that I will never own would be either on a lake or the beach somewhere but that'll have to be in my next lifetime.

The only downside and probably most of the time it's an upside is that there's not alot of people, great for privacy but when you are looking for new band members it's gotts be tough, it's tough down here and ther's not really a shortage of players.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

Back to the original topic - I used to have a very expensive wah with an auto on/off , it had a spring that snapped it back. I t was the bad horsie 2, it was okay but when I got my dunlop cry baby (cheap, not modded!) I sold the Morley Horsie to a friend. I just think the Cry baby has something that Morley didn't. There is a reason so many people use it. Now if I could just start learning HOW to actually use the thing rather than tapping my foot to the beat on it LOL :))))

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

OK had to read back through to see how I got off on the tangent. :lol: As far as using the thing, don't think about the beat of the music. What I do is to use it along with string bends or in a way that I would use a string bend. I guess I'm old fashioned but I like the standard Cry Baby.

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

I think I do okay for like.. lead guitar work but I am just learning a bit about using it in funk now, so using it as a tool with rhythm work.I really like to tap my foot when I play stuff lol so for these funk rhythms with wah (which I want more examples of with the showing of when to open and close the pedal) I need to learn not to tap my foot so I can open and close in the right places. I guess Wah pedal is one of the things you develop a feel for when your using it in rhythm playing.

Keeping to the main point; I too love my standard cry baby, it's the kind of - does what it says on the tin - thing! It does it very well much better than the morly, which was a lot dearer!

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2