Clear all

Opinon

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

What is your opinion on the Taylor 110 vs. the higher end of the Seagull series. I also heard a Larivee and a Simon and Patrick in the same price range and lower than my Taylor and was very impressed. I could not believe it. I thought my Taylor sounded good

(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

if you think the Taylor sounds good, keep it and stick with it.

those other guitars are also very good. but c'mon, you have a Taylor...unless you're getting a better Taylor, what more can you ask for?

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

Just my personal opinion but I think Taylors are overpriced for what you get, until your over the 300 series mark. Seagull is pretty much unbeatable in the price range of the S series. You mention Larrivees - they are my personal favorite in their price range. Martins in the Larrivee price range are also awsome guitars.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Depends on what you like. You should play and listen and decide. We all have opinions, and every guitar you've listed is worth consideration. But it is your consideration that counts. I can assure you that among some very good players that I know, I can always find at least one to dislike any of the brands you mentioned and several that will like that same brand. So what?

Some serious advice: If you are just learning to play, you may already be spending too much time worrying about the quality of your guitar. I've known several newer players that were hampered in their learning by guitar-envy. They kept looking for the guitar to make them sound good instead of learning how to make any reasonable guitar sound good by developing their playing skills. Don't fall into that trap.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You promised not to tell.

It's true though. I've been looking for that bargain guitar with brazillian rosewood back and sides and I finally found it. Although the guitar sounds great and I'm happy with it, I don't play any better. Somehow I thought I would.

BTW G., did you come across a Canon CA-570 power adapter brick in your trunk?

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

You promised not to tell.

BTW G., did you come across a Canon CA-570 power adapter brick in your trunk?

Haven't seen it, but will check again. Is is a wall-wort, wall battery charger or ?? Which car was I using?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote