Other Hobbies?

68 Posts
31 Users
0 Likes
12.5 K Views
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Not sure where this should be, but what does everyone else like to do besides play music?

There must be other hobbies :P

As for me, I'm into
-Mountain Biking
-Martial arts-Weapons specifically
-I'm a HUGE car/motorcycle guy-although I can't drive either yet
-And I'm starting to get into rock climbing

Here's a pic of my OTHER prides 8)

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

NINJA! Haha, awesome.

I'm into video games, computer, that's it really.

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thats cool. 8)

I'm pretty much out of it now, sparred for a half hour last night and I still can't hold my Epi :roll:

I need a lighter electric :lol:

Ethan

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Just made these holes in paper this afternoon at 100 yards with a 1943 Izhevsk arsenal-built M91/30 Mosin-Nagant rifle, the standard WWII Soviet infantry rifle. One actually used to fight in WWII. I used bullets I cast myself out of scrap lead and hand loaded. The one off to the left was blown off by the wind because I got impatient and didn't wait till the breeze died down to the same condition I shot the other four in.

The rifle is the one on the right in this picture, the one with the bayonet on it. The Soviets intended them to always have the bayonet fixed. I leave mine that way.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Well, that beats the snot out of my training nunchucks :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member

Here is my other hobby, it costs more than my guitar one :)

I havn't found my tone yet, and I have no mojo....but I'm working on it :)

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I play video games and I'm currently working on building an effects pedal, it's not as easy as it sounds 8)

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Very cool ricochet :)

Aside from guitar, my other biggest hobby is Poker. Been playing like crazy over the past two years, I study it, watch it, write about it, talk about it and play it. I ...MAY love it more than guitar. We play mainly NL texas hold'em, although I've been doing a bit of Omaha, kansas city lowball, 5 card draw...

I also love movies, my favorite being The Godfather. I've seen that movie maybe 8 times in the past year :P

Also love to read, my favorite author is Tolkien (Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales...) as well as Robert Jordan for his Wheel of Time series.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Taso - wheel of time was good, but 10 books is too long! Ever read Steven Brust or Tad Williams?

My hobbies include the kids, golf, Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins, keeping my wife happy, home repair and upgrades (love "This Old House"), running (5k race every month), reading, etc, etc...

I did just recently get into road biking... just bought a bike and the wife and I are riding a 25 mile race in June.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

My other hobbies were football and wrestling, until recently, as I'm almost done with high school, and honestly my joints finally stopped cracking every morning.

I also enjoy anything the outdoors.

My beautiful girlfriend:

I shoot .22 rifles in competition, and love skeet and trap on the side.

And going to shows.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Taso - wheel of time was good, but 10 books is too long! Ever read Steven Brust or Tad Williams?

My hobbies include the kids, golf, Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins, keeping my wife happy, home repair and upgrades (love "This Old House"), running (5k race every month), reading, etc, etc...

I did just recently get into road biking... just bought a bike and the wife and I are riding a 25 mile race in June.
10? I think he's up to 11 now :P, and 2 more on the way. I read all 10 actually, and then he released his new one maybe 5 months ago, and now I'm on book 9, re-reading them all again so I can remember what is going on for the new one :P - I tend to do that a lot, re-read I mean. I've read Lord of the Rings maybe 3-4 times, it's incredible some of the stuff you find while reading things over, just beautiful writing and passages.

By the way, Jordan was recently diagnosed with some sort of cancer I believe, and he doesn't have much time left, from what I remember reading. He said that the time the doctors said he has left won't be enough to finish his series, but he plans beating the cancer and finishing his books :)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Running. I try to run around 1 race per month: 1 marathon per year, 4 or 5 half-marathons and several "minor" races (6, 8, 10 km). Really I prefer go out and run, without the "competition", but it's funny and keeps my motivated.

Also philatelia, I'm a stamps collector. Currently, I collect stamps on WWF and also old Spanish colonies.

And comics, mainly European comics (French, Belgian, and also English) and some manga. Too old for Marvel. BTW do you know a comic called The Bluesman?

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Nice grouping Ricochet.

I play 5-a-side football in a local league on Friday evenings. Apart from that playing guitar and listening to music takes up the majority of my spare time. Don't get much these days.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Here is my other hobby, it costs more than my guitar one :)

Nice ride. I can usually identify almost any car, but I must admit that one stumps me. Mustang II?

Ethan

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Besides Guitar,

I like hanging/working with my dog, a Yellow Lab named "HONEY-DEW".

And this:

Yes that is me. Coming out of turn 9 at Portland Int'l Raceway, during my Novice Year back in '03.

Here's another one.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5