Clear all

Other Hobbies?

68 Posts
31 Users
0 Likes
12.5 K Views
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

He is a handsome lil fella! Hope all goes well with the hip. A little siameese in that guy maybe?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

TV. I religiously watch history, discovery, National Geographic, and Science Channels.
Sometimes the travel channel, AMC Movie channel, or the food network.

Add in the new cable/dish channel Chiller and that's what I watch. I'm addicted to Twin Peaks right now.

I used to collect sports cards (baseball, football, basketball, & hockey).

I also collect what my parents call "junk" (toys, books, records....). Garage sales. :)

My kitty passed away 3 weeks ago. He hadn't been doing so well since last August. I spent a lot of time taking care of the him. :(

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Add in the new cable/dish channel Chiller and that's what I watch. I'm addicted to Twin Peaks right now.

Lucky you -- I just tried to buy the series and found out it's only sold special order ... in VHS. Enjoy. And buy the soundtrack album, too!

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

If only that poor cat could talk. "Dude! Rough day! first I get run over by a car then the doctor went and made me a castrati."

On topic. There was a time I used to paint.."on master and hand him his plate". No....wait that's just wrong. Anyway I used to paint and draw. Mostly the female figure and dragons and all that stuff. (just awful) So now instead of painting cheesey pictures. I play cheesey music. :roll:

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Alright, alright, I do have a life....just took me a couple of days to remember where I left it.....

Books....Terry Pratchett, Tom Holt, Lee Child, Stephen King, Jack Higgins, Tom Clancy, Tom Sharpe, Frederick Forsyth all figure prominently on my bookshelf.

Sports - I watch a lot of sports, mostly on TV but every now and then I'll take myself to Anfield to watch Liverpool (Football, for you Americans....) or to Knowsley Road to watch St Helens (Rugby League) or to Old Trafford in Manchester to watch Lancashire play cricket.

Spanish - just started a course in colloquial Spanish at the local community centre, which happens to be in the same street I live in and the course is free, so I thought "why not!" - I'm also thinking about starting a guitar for beginners course at the same centre - and at the same price! - as I've been told the course includes learning to read music. There are also computer courses there.....

Dogs - got two dogs, a black labrador - Nell - and a Jack Russell - Fudge. I like taking them out for long walks - there's a lot of nice countryside around here.

Did I mention guitars? I sometimes pick up a guitar and strum on that......

Couple of pics - first one's Fudge.....

and this one's Nell.....

Disregard the small Alsatian thingy - that's ceramic!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

-Model railroading
Me too! :D

Which "scale"? Pentatonic minor? :mrgreen:

Currently I don't work on it (5 or 6 years ago), but I collected material by Märklin in Z scale (the smallest one).

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Well, if we're going to show off our cats .... :D

This is Missy, she likes to hang out in empty plant pots.

And, this is Romy. He has thumbs on his front paws. He has the whole paw, a dew claw and a thumb!! Here's a close up! (He also likes to strum my guitars while I'm playing!)

I acquired two more, but haven't taken their pictures yet. Let me go see if they'll let me..... :roll:

They actually cooperated! I'm amazed! Meet George and Gracie.

George

Gracie

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Spanish - just started a course in colloquial Spanish at the local community centre
Vic, if you need some help... sometimes I think my Spanish is better than my English. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

The only thing I learned in Spanish I learned in the Dominican Republic-"Tres Cerveza Por Favor"

Great phrase for a 14-year-old, Hey?

:lol: Ethan

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Hey Vic, that Black Lab is beautiful. The Jack Russell is too, but the Lab is wicked. always like Labradors, I'd love to have one or a Newfoundland dog it'd be awesome. Theres something amazing about a big strong dog that is totally playful but can save drowning people if it needs too.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hey Vic, that Black Lab is beautiful. The Jack Russell is too, but the Lab is wicked. always like Labradors, I'd love to have one or a Newfoundland dog it'd be awesome. Theres something amazing about a big strong dog that is totally playful but can save drowning people if it needs too.

Paul

I love my lab. Her name is Murphy. There's a story behind that, maybe Off He Goes will be able to guess as a Newfoundlander :lol:

Ethan

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Great looking dogs, Vic. I want to get a lab one day.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Really enjoying hearing what everyone does for fun and seeing everybody's critter pics!

We are down to two dogs, one cat, a rabbit, and two aquariums at home, and at my office, one parakeet, plus a horse out at a farm. At one point in time it was three dogs, two cats, two rabbits, two aquariums, two parakeets, and a horse, but the numbers have been reduced as the elderly members have passed over the Rainbow Bridge.

Neztok, is your cat a young one? In the second picture, it looks so kitten-like. Breaks my heart to see him hurting.

Since there are obviously a few animal lovers here, I have to tell you about a horrific news story in my local paper tonight. A mail carrier walking his route saved the life of a dog that accidentally was being dragged after it fell out of the back of a pickup truck. The white German Shepherd had been tethered in the back of the truck but the tailgate was open and the dog had fallen out without the driver's knowledge. :cry: The postman and a passerby flagged down the driver but by that time the dog, dangling from the choke chain collar, was not breathing. The mailman (a dog lover despite having been bitten on the job!) immediately began chest compressions and successfully resuscitated the dog! The dog was then taken to the vet for further treatment. :D

Besides our pets, two teenage kids, music, and some native gardening, I could probably consider going to school a hobby, as I'm most always taking some class or other--Spanish, writing classes, computer classes, etc. Guess I should add watching movies to my list of interests, as I watch several movies a week while I'm putting miles on my treadmill.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Lucky you -- I just tried to buy the series and found out it's only sold special order ... in VHS. Enjoy. And buy the soundtrack album, too!

I borrowed the pilot, the VHS set, and Fire Walk With Me from a friend and watched all of them in 3 days. It's one of those tv shows that I want more and will never get. Thanks David Lynch!

I would like to also add watching movies and reading as hobbies of mine. I'm a big horror movie fan.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@odnt43)
Estimable Member

-Model railroading
Me too! :D

Which "scale"? Pentatonic minor? :mrgreen:

Currently I don't work on it (5 or 6 years ago), but I collected material by Märklin in Z scale (the smallest one).

H0 scale trains for over 50 years..had to dismantle a big layout during divorce proceedings. Sold off about 75% of my stuff...kept a bit.... "just in case" I find a bit of room to do something....not much room in the rental place I'm in, but I may join a local modular club. :)

"A child of five could understand this...send someone to fetch a child of five !"--Groucho Marx

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5