Clear all

Other Hobbies?

68 Posts
31 Users
0 Likes
12.5 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Add in the new cable/dish channel Chiller and that's what I watch. I'm addicted to Twin Peaks right now.

Lucky you -- I just tried to buy the series and found out it's only sold special order ... in VHS. Enjoy. And buy the soundtrack album, too!

I borrowed the pilot, the VHS set, and Fire Walk With Me from a friend and watched all of them in 3 days. It's one of those tv shows that I want more and will never get. Thanks David Lynch!

I would like to also add watching movies and reading as hobbies of mine. I'm a big horror movie fan.

Ever noticed that ALL David Lynch's works have GREAT soundtracks? The man's a music lover, for sure!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Before I started the guitar I was a collector of Hot Wheels (around 1500 of the little buggers) and other scale diecast cars. Still have some Hot Wheels from when I was a kid and some very nice Corgi (made in the UK) 1/43 scale cars. If I could dump the collections, I would probably buy a nice Rickenbacher and a Marshall half-stack. If I had only known....

Jim-Bone

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Digital photography, martial arts, fishing, camping, hiking, scuba, skydiving, horseback riding, chess, . . .

probably a few more, but that's about all I can remember ;)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

kp,

you skydive? i did it once and wow what a rush!!!! i hope to jump again someday, how many jumps you got?

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

A mail carrier walking his route saved the life of a dog that accidentally was being dragged after it fell out of the back of a pickup truck. The white German Shepherd had been tethered in the back of the truck but the tailgate was open and the dog had fallen out without the driver's knowledge. :cry:

Margaret

That is one of my major pet peeves! I get SO angry when I see "truck dogs", especially those that are forced to ride on the back of flatbed trucks! At least with a regular truck they've got a chance of not sliding off (if they remember to close the tailgate, that is), but with those flatbeds, once they lose their footing they're going to fly off of that truck and into traffic. I've seen lots of "truck dogs" on the sides of the roads over the years, and it makes me sick! I really think there ought to be a law against it. It's definitely animal cruelty! :cry:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Before I started the guitar I was a collector of Hot Wheels (around 1500 of the little buggers) and other scale diecast cars. Still have some Hot Wheels from when I was a kid and some very nice Corgi (made in the UK) 1/43 scale cars. If I could dump the collections, I would probably buy a nice Rickenbacher and a Marshall half-stack. If I had only known....

Jim-Bone

Hot Wheels are among my collection. I got a few early '80's cars in the package. My best one is a Hot Ones Torino Tornado. I don't know how many I have, but they're cheaper to collect then sports cards.
Ever noticed that ALL David Lynch's works have GREAT soundtracks? The man's a music lover, for sure!

Vic

Lately, yes. :D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

A mail carrier walking his route saved the life of a dog that accidentally was being dragged after it fell out of the back of a pickup truck. The white German Shepherd had been tethered in the back of the truck but the tailgate was open and the dog had fallen out without the driver's knowledge. :cry:

Margaret

That is one of my major pet peeves! I get SO angry when I see "truck dogs", especially those that are forced to ride on the back of flatbed trucks! At least with a regular truck they've got a chance of not sliding off (if they remember to close the tailgate, that is), but with those flatbeds, once they lose their footing they're going to fly off of that truck and into traffic. I've seen lots of "truck dogs" on the sides of the roads over the years, and it makes me sick! I really think there ought to be a law against it. It's definitely animal cruelty! :cry:
I agree. If the woman who was driving the pickup truck in the above case doesn't let that dog ride in the cab with her for the rest of his life, she oughta be hung by her fingernails and pelted with sharp darts, IMO.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

kp,

you skydive? i did it once and wow what a rush!!!! i hope to jump again someday, how many jumps you got?

Yup, I started while in the army and still do it some now that I'm out.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5