Clear all

Phil Keaggy Vid

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I found this video of Phil Keaggy posted on another forum, and it blew me away! :shock:

Phil is using some samplers & his acoustic guitar to do a "one-man-band" thing. 8)

Check it out:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6086713048864424672&q=phil+keaggy

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Very good catch, Dan.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

I was poking around on the EBow site http://www.ebow.com awhile back, and ran across a sound clip of Phil playing "Amazing Grace." In a word, WOW.
I bought the Electric Guitar Style DVD to try and find out some more about how he got that sound, besides using the EBow. He sure does know how to get the best use of a looping unit. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Wow! I'd heard Phil Keaggy's name, but had no idea he wasn't just another Christian music singer.

That's cool!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Wow, that was impressive!

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Wow! I'd heard Phil Keaggy's name, but had no idea he wasn't just another Christian music singer.

LOL, you should check out his "Hymnsongs" album. No singing, just amazing guitar work.

Nice find, Dan.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

There's a guy around my way who uses one of them thingies, but plays real bluesey rock, and a vocal style that's really quite scary (in a good way, obviously). I've seen him once, I was absolutely blown away and I'm desperate to see him play again, just can't ever catch him :/

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

LOL, you should check out his "Hymnsongs" album. No singing, just amazing guitar work.

Nice find, Dan.

I've had Phil's "Acoustic Sketches" CD for a few years, (also no singing - just guitar), which is also very good.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

chordsandscales wrote: There's a guy around my way who uses one of them thingies, but plays real bluesey rock, and a vocal style that's really quite scary (in a good way, obviously). I've seen him once, I was absolutely blown away and I'm desperate to see him play again, just can't ever catch him :/
C and S,

What is his name, JIC he shows up on this side of the pond?

Love that bluesy rock stuff!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Either Ed Hicks or Ed Hix, depending how he's feeling :)

I was thinking about asking the guy that runs the access night about setting it up a dedicated web site with sample videos etc, I'll be sure to post if it ever gets done...

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

That was awesome! Great stuff and very well planned out!!!

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Phil is definitely not some guy who couldn't cut in it in the real world so he went Christian music ...

Check out the the 3 glass harp cd's from the early '70s, or better yet, the 2004 "Stark Raving Jams"

The guys' a player, no two ways about it . . even if he does kind of look like Bob Newhart with a Gibson . . .

http://www.glassharp.net/Media/featured/ghchristmas/childrensfanmillcreek.wmv

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote