photos of yourself

308 Posts
83 Users
0 Likes
45 K Views
(@cicontention)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

i'm not sure if this has done before. i've tried the search feature and i couldn't really find anything so i thought i'd give it a try. i saw this on another guitar forum and i thought it'd be a good idea for us to try:

a part of music, though we often would hate to admit it, that has always attracted me is appearance. i don't think there is anything cooler in this world than jimi hendrix in his get-up doing his thing, or that opening sequence to black sabbath's 'iron man' video or the opening sequence to 'last night' by the strokes. and that got me to thinking of what everyone around here looks like -- not because we're busting down the doors of 'cool' or whatever, but just because it is kind of cool to 'know' in a way, who it is you're talking to. :)

post a picture of yourself, instill a little bit of yourself into the community if you haven't already. i'm new, but i'll start!

so here's a couple photographs from the new guy :)

^^ peforming the "i can't play yet #115 blues"

^^ new guitar

^^ university boredom

(@jg8804)
Trusted Member

I'm in the sunglasses....at night :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

here is a gig shot. I am way left playing a tele. I was part of a pickup backup band for a pedal steel guitar showcase. seven hours and pure bliss.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Dogbite, i did see the pic earlier in the Slide forum and it seems like you had a great time with a bunch of pedal steel lovers.

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

This is me influenced by my Avatar haha...happy new year to all!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hmmm, looks like shades are in this week......

The hair's a little shorter now, and a lot greyer, and not as curly, but guess who was just a teensy bit influenced by Ian Hunter (Mott The Hoople) in his teenage years?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

There's already been one picture posted recently of me playing with my Johnson in public.

Here it is again, though, for the morbidly curious:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@cicontention)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

lord is that guitar ever pretty.

ReplyQuote
(@manda)
Eminent Member

Howdy - This is me with my Jackson ^-^

"These pretzels are makin' me thirsty."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

There's already been one picture posted recently of me playing with my Johnson in public.

Just my opinion, but you look better without the beard.....

Er - who's the angel looking over your shpulder?

:D :D :D

Vic

(I got rid of my beard about 5 mins after I saw a photo of it - now the moustache has got to go.....) (well that's what the Mrs said .......)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

My beard comes and goes. It's fun to let it grow out a bit and put on a Santa hat around December. Little kids love it.

When my daughter saw that pic with Jimi looking over my shoulder, she said "Look! Daddy has a friend!" :lol:

Cicontention, that guitar's a Johnson Style 1 Tricone, a cheap copy of a National. A good place to buy one is: http://coast2coastmusic.com/ John Watts, the store owner, is a buddy of mine who also owns the other main forum I hang out on at: http://bigroadblues.com/forum/ Take a look at the Johnsons over there, and if you're interested E-mail him and tell him Ricochet sent you. He'll quote you a price better than what's advertised. (Johnson enforces a minimum advertised price on all their dealers.)

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I guess after some of these mug shots, I don't have to be shy :wink: ...

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

You look kinda like my brother, Kent.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

'bout a week ago I had a 3-month beard, if that does anything for the impersonation:?

Much like yours, it comes and goes as my whims allow.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Guess Ric found his old brother who was lost in the fair 31 years ago...

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 21