Clear all

photos of yourself

308 Posts
83 Users
0 Likes
44.9 K Views
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Ehm, does anyone have any idea why at the bottom of my last post it read 'good pic'? I certainly didn't type it and it wasn't there when I posted it. :? It freaks me out! :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Don't see it now.

Perhaps some mod meant to quote your message, say "Good pic!," but accidentally clicked the "Edit" button instead of "Quote?" Could happen.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Don't see it now.

Perhaps some mod meant to quote your message, say "Good pic!," but accidentally clicked the "Edit" button instead of "Quote?" Could happen.

Hmmmm..that would be me :oops: Bad dog :!:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Don't see it now.

Hmmmm..that would be me :oops: Bad dog :!:

So, I could write an innocent post and you could come along and replace my diatribe with something like "hey everyone, look at me. I'm a little Mary......" :shock: :lol: :lol:

Note to self. Be nice to the Dog.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Chris, i love that pic

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Wow, haven't checked this for awhile.

Here is a pic of my 6 year old son James playing piano at a recital at a retirement home. This photo was on the front page of our local paper the next day.

And here is a pic of me last year at the Guitar Noise jam up in Massachusetts.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Wow, haven't checked this for awhile.

Here is a pic of my 6 year old son James playing piano at a recital at a retirement home. This photo was on the front page of our local paper the next day.

What a beautiful picture and story. I'd be absolutely thrilled if he were my son - and he even looks like his Dad too. :D I've been trying to master a bit of piano, but I haven't had the nerve or the skill to play for anybody else yet. I've done a bit of volunteer driving for a local organisation that provides assistance for the local oldies, so I'm sure that I could get the chance to follow in his footsteps if I can improve my ability a bit more.

If it's OK with you, I shall occasionally refer back to that delightful photo for inspiration over the coming months. The notion that a 61 year old beginner in Australia can be motivated and inspired by a 6 year old player on the other side of the world is one of the great things about the internet, and about music in general. More power to his fingers. :D

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Chris

Thank you so much. We are very proud of him. He has been playing about 8 months now, started when he was 5. He likes piano, he especially enjoys practicing with me more than his mother, that might be because I always sing the song as he plays, I think this helps him with his timing. This recital was about 2 months ago, but he played another at another retirement home just last week. There was a nice crowd, maybe 100 folks or so. His music teacher loves him and said to the crowd "This young fellow is a real character!" If you look on the piano you can see how simple the music is. But he reads both staffs now and his songs are starting to get a little more complicated. His older sister Rachel (9) is WAY ahead of him, she is into Beethoven big time. She always plays at the end of recitals as they go from beginner to more advanced. There was only one player after my daughter and he was 13, been playing 7 years to her 2 1/2 years. But then they played a duet together.

I would love to claim they got their musical talent from me, but the real credit is their Mom who enrolled them in classes and makes sure they practice everyday.

But I pay for all the lessons myself. :D

And I want to add something Chris. You are a terrific inspiration to everyone here. I am thrilled that you decided to take up guitar. It's never too late. My last band, Dom our bass player started at 54. He is 60 now and really good!

It takes courage to take up guitar at a later age. Most folks would just give up and say it's too late. As your famous band AC/DC would say, "We Salute You!" . Keep playing, that is the only secret.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doHoE156RAo

I saw Phyllis Diller the comedian on TV many years ago. It was an interview and she was playing beautiful piano for the reporter. She then said she started at age 65. She said she always wanted to play, so one day she told herself she was gonna do it. She started taking lessons. And man, she was really good!

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Beatiuful picture of your son Wes - looks like he's been playing "Great Balls of Fire" for a long time already :D

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member

LOL Figured I'd Contribute to the thread, but lol I only have 2 pics related to me and my girfriend in my pc! lol, but the first one is us of Halloween 07', and the second is a great pic of my two wifes. LOL :lol:

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

I hide my face when I post a video in the beginner thread, but this is me:

Just kidding with my sister...

Looking I don't know where...

A star on the beach... (pacific ocean, Canada)

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Rock on!

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Looking at Mr Rogers2's pic, it's no wonder he's been involved in some animated discussions.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I just added a guitar.
Too funny.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Dat ain't ugly, Derek - dat's da BLOOOOZE!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 18 / 21