29 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could recomend some Pink Floyd songs for me to check out? I love the ones I hear on the radio, Time, Money, Comfortably Numb(this is one of my favorite songs) Wish you were Hear, Breathe... But anyone recomend some others, if I like the ones I listed, that I might like?

Thanks!

Taso

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Seamus is a good one i think

https://www.guitarnoise.com/pink_floyd/meddle/seamus_tab.txt

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

Oh there's so many... don't know where to begin..

Shine on you crazy diamond (acoustic version) Tab

Is there anybody out there Tab

Another brick in the wall part 2 http://www.guitartabs.cc/fetchfile.php?fileid=526892 2">Tab

Breathe Tab

Since I'm just a newbie, those are the one I'm able to play. I'm sure a player of your caliber will have no problems with many more songs.
Here's a list of Pink Floyd tabs. Here

There also exists a DVD with the name "guitar method in the style of Pink Floyd". I haven't tryed it yet, but I've the similiar dvd for KISS, and it's very good.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

I am guessing you are looking for songs to listen to. I would recommend just going out and buying The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon, and Wish You Were Here. Especially Dark side of the Moon which has Time, Money, and Breathe on it. You may have also heard on the radio Brain Damage into Eclipse which is also DSOTM - the whole album is amazing. Comfortably Numb and Another Brick in the Wall are from the Wall. Other greats, that are played on the radio too from the Wall, are Mother and Hey You (a personal fave). I would also recommend to check out High Hopes and Keep Talking from the Division Bell. And Wish You Were Here is another great album with the title song on it, Shine on You Crazy Diamond, and Welcome to the Machine. All of the songs I have listed here are played on the radio from time to time.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

Oops, I though you meant to play on guitar..

But purple made a nice list.

If you can get your hands on the PULSE dvd, it's a great show, both musically and for the eye.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member

In addition to ones already posted:
One of these days
echoes

~Sam

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I learned the song Fearless a while back, it's a pretty neat song.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yeah. Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant to listen to. Either way, cool to play songs are probably cool to listen to anyways.

Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone.

Taso

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Yeah. Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant to listen to. Either way, cool to play songs are probably cool to listen to anyways.

Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone.

Taso

Duh, my bad i wasn't thinking, i only had 4 hrs. sleep when i posted.
anyway it's on the "Meddle" album

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

It's 3am and I can't sleep for some reason here.

How about some Works or stuff off of A Momentary Lapse of Reason. Works is almost a greatest hits type album.

A favorite
Set The Controls For The Heart of the Sun

:D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Get the DVD Live at Pompeii, also. It is sweet.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@waltaja)
Estimable Member

no one ever mentions the Animals album. that's probably my favorite Floyd album. a bit of a departure from what they are really known for. but Gilmour's playing on the song Dogs is fabulous

"I got a woman, stay drunk all the time!"

-Led Zeppelin-

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Mother is an interesting song... 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for more suggestions, appreciate it. I'm checking out all of them.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Everyone should listen to "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With a Pict" just to have the experience, in much the same way that everyone should get stoned at least once just to have the experience. If you can arrange for both to happen at the same time, more the better.

Pick up up some of the Syd era Floyd. It's really good stuff, even if it is really really strange. You should at least listen to "See Emily Play" and "Arnold Layne." Both are really great tunes. "Jugband Blues" is also worth a listen.

None of this is to suggest that the David Gilmore led Floyd is a lesser creation, but it is a different band. And Barrett's version had something magical, free and fun about it that the latter version is lacking in some respects. Gilmore's Floyd is amazing in it's precission, but lacks the pure fantasy enjoyment that Barrett brought.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2