Skip to content
Please read before ...

Notifications
Clear all

Please read before moving to the classifieds!

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

why?

-=tension & release=-

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

general advice to new guitar players: never sell a guitar you like. you will regret it. most of us even regret dumping our first PoS guitars.

so ... remind us: what brand, from where and how much did you pay? "real" national tricones such as style 1 or polychrome diamond hole sell for big bux, as in over $2000 or $3000 USD new. if you paid less than a $1000 for a new one, yours is likely an Asian copy/re-issue/budget line. fine for what it is, but it is also likely to depreciate faster -- similar to driving a new car off the lot: value drops immediately. In general, don't expect to profit from a quick turn-around on a new guitar unless you are selling it to someone who cannot possibly have gotten it for the price you paid due to some fantastic deal you received, or geographical considerations, or its inherent uniqueness (e.g., custom shop), that already makes it scarce.

btw, many longer time players prefer the well worn look.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

don't worry -- you'll come back to it.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Dang it, you guys! :x I read this before I posted a similar question. I am thinking of selling my '96 USA Sonic Blue Standard Strat. Here is the link to my original post about it: http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38003

Anyway, I played a Gretsch 5120 and I can't get that sound out of my head. Don't get me wrong, I like Strats but that Gretsch had something special.

Dang it! :cry:

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Mmmm - ES-335's are awesome! Let us know if you do get one. I'm still on the fence about the Gretsch. I like my Sonic Strat, I guess I just haven't "bonded" with it. When I play I always seem to keep coming back to my MIM Strat. It just feels like home. I don't want to keep it just for the sake of keeping it.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

I haven't ever played a resonator, so I couldn't say for sure. I don't recall the 335's being that bad, weight-wise. I was trying to find out more info on the web, but I need to get back to work here. You might try a google search or the Gibson website.

Jim

ReplyQuote