Clear all

Plecs

19 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

nothing fancy, exotic. I want not.
I have been this way for years and years. I must not know better.
what a lamo. :cry:

I'll do a deal for you. I'll put together a big bag full of all the exotic picks, slides, gadgets and gizmos I can find - and all you have to give me in return is a slice of your musical talent. Ability is still somewhat under-represented in my collection of musical odds and ends... :)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

god, I am so lame. I have two slides. one glass and one chrome. it's all I found I needed.
plecs. I get the four for a dollar on the guitar store counter. the ones in the jar. the yellow ones.
they work for me. nothing fancy, exotic. I want not.

Man, "lame" and "dogbite" are not two words that go together. We've all heard you play. You're one of this forum's studs. 8)

I'm sure you're joking.

I bet you if I stuck to one pic, maybe two guitars and one amp that I'd be a lot better than I am. Problem is, I like to tinker a bit. Too much fun. Need to cull the herd, but which one(s)...... nope. Can't do it. :oops:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I have plecs of all shapes and sizes. I currently favour the Dunlop jazz-style plecs. I can keep them steady, without the need for aids, although I did experiment with "dimples", drilled into each side of the plec.

Wood is OK, but has a very warm and rounded tone, as does bone. Coins tend to be raspy, especially those with milled edges.

I made a plec by slicing a piece of copper pipe open, flattening it and shaping out a plec. It does take some polishing to get rid of that typical raspiness of metal.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

nothing fancy, exotic. I want not.

I'll do a deal for you. I'll put together a big bag full of all the exotic picks, slides, gadgets and gizmos I can find - and all you have to give me in return is a slice of your musical talent. Ability is still somewhat under-represented in my collection of musical odds and ends... :)

a bag of exotic gizmos? sounds tantalizing. I am not such the purist. I had a closet full of stuff I tried that turned into junk.
in my quest for tone if I had the money I bought it. it's all gone. I ended up keeping my rig simple. just the way I started. only better amps and guitars. I do like instruments. you all have seen me post my roomful several times.
I have begun to understand the phrase 'keep it simple'.
for my style and interest in music I can.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2