Press release ideas

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

As most of you know by now I teach guitar, I have been thinking about trying to be written about in our local paper for a while now but I haven't had a solid idea of how I could get them interested in doing it. I'm a guitar teacher - but that in itself is not a story...... so I need to really think about : a.) A story interesting enough to get them writing about me b.) A story with something that people remember, that sticks in their mind.

I have no idea what to do but maybe some teachers here have had a similar idea and actually done this?

together we stand, divided we fall..........

(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

I volunteer a day regularly at my local library, and I bring hand drums and harmonicas shakers, rubber bands and musical activities. I write arrangements of children's songs and look up little silly tunes, (I use my arrangement of You are My Sunshine as the solo of a blue grass tune I do) Anyway, I got a little unexpected press from that last year.

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Ezra, anyone else with any good ideas?

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

Are you in a band? Or could you play solo gigs?

If so, get to your local, and ask about a free charity gig, for a good local cause. That should get you in the local paper?

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Good idea too, though I haven't played any solo gigs nor am I in a band.

ReplyQuote
(@thelaughingbard)

How long have you been in the area for? Local papers like to write about local topics, so if you're a local musician whose been around for a while, you could talk about your experiences with the area specifically. Talk about all the up-coming talent in the area maybe! (i.e. your students)..

One bard on a quest for musical enlightenment.
thelaughingbard.com

ReplyQuote