Notifications
Clear all

Ralph Macchio vs Steve Vai

23 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@boogieman)
Trusted Member

Crossroads a bad movie? You've got to be yanking my chain. This is one of my top ten, never get tired of it. By the way, the Michael J Foxx/Joan Jett movie is "light of Day". Not the greatest, but any movie about people in bands is worth watching IMHO.

Peace,
Trey

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I liked the movie. Own it actually. Little shallow but its one of those fun ones that you dont have to think about much.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Michael J Fox also was in a movie with Joan Jet and he played some guitar in that one I think. I can't remember the name of it but it was a good movie. --the dog
The movie is "Light of Day" released in 1987, the band Joan and Mikey played in in the film was called the "Barbusters"
Mikey also wrote and performed the song "Got no place to Go" in the film

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

Vai recalled ina magazine interview that they shot the end twice because he didn't screw up bad enough against himself. :D
Ugh. I hate him. A lot.

Watched it last night, good movie. Obviously not the best, but I didn't watch it for plot :D That classical stuff that kept popping up reminds me of a piece I'm learning right now, Paganini's 5th Caprice, but I think it was different.

That link posted above is freakin hysterical. "You suck, cracker."

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@gutfiddle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

cool link, steve vai friggin shreds, i gotta get the G3 DVD off ebay.
Brittany is a talentless white trash, but damn is she fun to look at.

Thinkin' bout the times we had
Some were good and some were bad
guitar fightin' the tv
i was thinkin bout you and me

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Did anyone else notice that Robert Johnson was played by Tim Russ, better known as "Tuvok" from Star Trek - Voyager?

Just another piece of useless trivia for you all......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

but darn is she fun to look at.

Uhhhh huh... Dont care if she sings or not.. Just keep a showin me da belly.. Well after you work the kid off :oops: Did I type that out loud?

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

Yeah that movie sucked except for guitars and blues. I liked it though...very 80s.

What is weird is that I already knew how to play paganini's 5th so it was pretty weird seeing it in the movie as it's (I thought) a somewhat obscure piece.

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2