Rate My Gear

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
 JKHC
(@jkhc)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Well, I thought the GN forums have been pretty dead lately. The highlight of the month is "The Dali"'s guitar fell off the wall(sorry about that incident. At least yours is unique. You would be hard pressed to find another guitar with dents in the exact same places :lol:)

Anyway.....back on topic.....:

Fender Standard Strat (I don't OWN it but I will in a day)
Ibanez ART300
Ibanez GSR200
Epiphone PR-150
Line 6 Spider iv 15w
Acoustic B10

Onward Comrades! :roll:

When we started the band, it was because we were waiting for a sound that never happened. We got tired of waiting, and we decided to just do it ourselves. - Mike Shinoda

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I have 2 Gibson Les Pauls and a Made in USA tube amp ...... I win. :P

Just kidding ...... I mean about winning. I do have 2 Gibson Les Pauls and a made in USA tube amp. :roll:

Sounds like you have nice gear. Enjoy!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

I have the same Epi Accustic... You know, its realy a nice sounding guitar for the cash. And I like it becouse the finish is made of iron, and I can leave it laying around in the living room, and dont care if the kids knock it over!!! I give it a 8 in the "cost vs fuction vs toughness vs sound" scale!!! I dont know what the others are so I cant commont on them.

Mine??

The same Epi accustic..
a Epi LP standerd cherry finish
My homemade lap steel
VOX AD30VT amp..

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

I have 2 Gibson Les Pauls and a Made in USA tube amp ...... I win. :P

Just kidding ...... I mean about winning. I do have 2 Gibson Les Pauls and a made in USA tube amp. :roll:

Sounds like you have nice gear. Enjoy!

You have a great point... There is no winning. You can truly only rate your own. You have to hold, play and hear it... only you can rate it

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member

JKHC, nothing really high end there, but all good stuff. And a variety of guitars. Congrats on being the new owner or about-to-be-owner of a Fender strat. ( I always wanted one too and got one recently.) It all depends on the types of music you play and where you play it and whether you love to play or are more of a gearhead. A friend of mine is up to 27 guitars, but I don't think he plays all that much. He never knows whole songs, just cool riffs. He loves finding deals on used guitars and sound equipment and fixing or improving them. I like to have just what I'm going to play and I like my gear to be something that I can handle myself, i.e. not too complicated and easy to cart around.

Mine:

Fender strat made in Mexico
Gibson LC-1
Epiphone Dot
Yamaha FG-75, my beater camping guitar
Yamaha EG-303 electric, a holdover from when I didn't have money for a decent guitar
Gold Tone GM-50 mandolin
Fender FM-100 mandolin
Carvin Stagemate portable PA with mic
First Act cheapo practice amp that was a quick and available replacement for a dead amp

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hmmm.

"Rate My Gear"

That's ALWAYS the answer.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@snwbrdnegtrst)
Trusted Member

^^^THIS. And if the answer isn't 42 it's because you asked the question wrong...
Seriously though, I LOVE my PR-150! I realize it's limitations but it sounds great to my (untrained)ears and in the hands of a friend who has been playing longer than I've been alive it sounds pretty freakin amazing.
12.5 Thumbs UP

All the world's a stage, but the play is poorly cast

ReplyQuote
 JKHC
(@jkhc)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hmmm.

"Rate My Gear"

Yup, everyone's gear deserves a 42 :D

When we started the band, it was because we were waiting for a sound that never happened. We got tired of waiting, and we decided to just do it ourselves. - Mike Shinoda

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Well, it WAS the answer a while back. But I believe that, due to inflation, the answer is currently 57. :wink:

(It's not just money... the universe is still expanding too.)

Chris

I rate my own collection of gear as...... considerably higher in quality that the talent of its owner. :?

ReplyQuote
(@imalone)
Reputable Member

Shouldn't this be in the gear thread? With pictures so we can be properly jealous?

Anyway, one way in which my gear scores 10/10: it's mine.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Any update on that? You got it yet? How does it sound/feel? How does it compare to your other guitars? C'mon, man, you can't just leave us hangin' in limbo! (And yes, we do love pics of new guitars....)

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 JKHC
(@jkhc)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Any update on that? You got it yet? How does it sound/feel? How does it compare to your other guitars? C'mon, man, you can't just leave us hangin' in limbo! (And yes, we do love pics of new guitars....)

:D :D :D

Vic

Yup, got it a few days ago. It feels alot better than the ART probably because the frets are larger and the strings are widely spaced. It sounds spectacular. I bought a Fender Mustang iii 100w modeling amp and its a perfect pair. The 2011 line of Mustangs are wayyyy ahead of the competition. Of course I bought the SSS config on the strat because my Ibanez can take care of the distortion :mrgreen: . More than the strat, I am surprised about the Mustang. It has the clean sound you would expect from a fender and a few settings have that warm tubish-ness(is that a word??). Its also has celestion speakers, which can deliver the deeper end nicely. The many stomboxes, mods, delay and reverb options are just like pedals.

Well, you asked for the Strat, and got a paragraph on the Mustang :roll: . That must be an indication of how good those things are. The practice mustangs are decent, just doesn't let you get in depth and fiddle with the settings.

I will probably upload pics of the pair in a few days.

ReplyQuote