Clear all

Rate My Pedal Board!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@legendaryk4)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hello, I am new to this site and I originally joined because I wanted your opinions on the pedals I am currently using. I have on my board a Kirk Hammet Signature Wah, Boss Metal Zone MT-2, Visual Sound GarageTone Series Axle Grease Delay, Boss RC-2 Loop, and a Korg Pitchblack tuner pedal. I want to know if this is a good setup.

I have also considered selling it all and getting a Boss ME-70 Multi-effects Pedalboard. If this is a good idea please tell me.

Thank You,
Legendaryk4 :D

(@neztok)
Estimable Member

I'm not a fan of the Boss Metal Zone MT-2. I like my Boss RC-2. I've never used the others.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I want to know if this is a good setup.

Does it make the sound that you want it to?
Then it's good (for you)

What is missing that you hope to improve by getting an ME-70?
Traditional wisdom says that stand-alone effects are more versatile, but multi-effects are more convenient.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@legendaryk4)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I do like the sound I have for the most part, except for when I put new strings on. I hate that new tinny kind of sound. The individual pedals are more versatile, but everything has its limit. I dont understand why everyone says the MT-2 sucks. I love the sound it produces. The reason why I want a ME-70 is because it IS "more convenient" AND I dont have to go out and spend another $100 just for a tone I could already have. I have also read that people say multi-effects are perfect for cover bands.... 90% of what I play is cover songs.

I originally should have posted about what people think of the ME-70 or just multi-effects in general. The only rants I have heard for multi-effects is that they suck tone, the wah effect sucks, and u cant make a sound that no one else can have; but in my opinion I dont use wah enough, and there is an endless possibility of sound you can create so who is to say its limited. The only thing im not sure about is the tone being sucked away. I havent had the chance to get to a near guitar center to try one out.

I was also looking at the new Zoom Dave Mustaine Signature G2.1DM Guitar Multi Effects Pedal. Its relatively new so I cant find any reviews or anyone using one on youtube.

O and if it helps I play all genres of metal. Such as Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under, etc....

Thank You!!!!

ReplyQuote