Notifications
Clear all

Really Need Some Advice

28 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

+1 to dhutson's (I am fast approaching 50 as well, sir) and jwmartin's posts. I just too recently to admit, have experienced obsessing over guitars. (Anyone that has read my (now embarassing) posts from last December, this past January and February can agree with this.) Oh, I still go into GC to breathe in that intoxicating scent of new guitars and amps. But, twice in the last month I have been able to walk in and out without coming home and telling the wife "I have really found the guitar of my dreams, this time." To which she (for some reason I can't add smilies) rolls her eyes and sighs, knowing full well I won't shut up until I go back two or three more times to obsess over it. Lately, I have been trying to channel my energy toward being a better guitar player. Either way that it turns out, you will get over this and hopefully look at it as a "life" lesson.

Best of luck. my young friend. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Well after the long edured process of dumping cash into this guitar, it is FINALLY here. Actually showed up on time when he said it would, mid june... it was here the 17th!

So here we are, to complete this thread PICS!!!!!!!!!

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Very nice, Metallica Man! I hope it's everything you hoped for, and more!

Jim

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I love happy endings.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

I'm glad you got it after such a long wait! :D

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

So I missed this thread until now, but congrats, MetallicaMan! I would have posted something along the lines of "you're probably all good, it sounds like you're on good terms with the shop, and they've been giving you receipts and stuff, so just stay in touch with the dudes, and it'll probably be fine", but it looks like it all worked out for you. That's great. I <3 my Malmsteen(s) too. I sort of have two, a sonic blue 1988 (in the avatar), and one that's a partsocaster based around another '88 neck (warmoth body, lollar pickups). They are great guitars.

TZ

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well you finally got what you wanted - I hope you're enjoying it as much as you were anticipating! In fact, have you put it down yet? Let us know how it's going!

A word of warning - no, not the guitar, the case. I have the exact same one - or at least, I did have until it fell to pieces on the baggage conveyor at Gatwick Airport. If you're planning on flying anywhere with it, I'd advise you to take a good big roll of gaffer tape!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

May your new axe bring swift death to your enemies.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I love this guitar. It truely is worth all of the crap I went through. Definatly a wise purchase, best instrument ever, honestly. Ive played some really top-a stuff but nothing compares, nothing. At least nothing Ive played..

:D

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

MetallicaMan

Way to go! You stuck it out and got the guitar you really wanted. Hope you really enjoy it. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Great news, and excellent pictures. Look like a real beauty.

Have a long, happy and noisy life together.

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nice Strat! Is it a Squire? ............................................ :P

Just kidding :lol:

Take good care of that thing. I'd hire a body guard for it.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congrats! 8) I hope you enjoy it. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2