Clear all

Recap on Guitar Shopping Day

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ricola)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well I spent the better part of the day going to every guitar shop in town (1hr away) and man was that a blast! I had two guitars that I really wanted to check out, one was the Seagull Artist Studio and the second was the Larrivee L03R.

Nobody had the Artist Studio but I did play an Artist Portrait. Nice guitar but not for me.

The next place had an Alvarez M90C. This had a very nice sound and it was electric so it was definitely high on the list and it was $100 off.

Well the very next place, actually across the street, was having a free banjo clinic so I told the owner what I was after and politely said I'll come back later. He grabbed a Larrivee L03R and said, "have at it" in the next room, so I sat down and played away for about 15 minutes or so. Needless to say this is the one. This guitar was SCHAWEET! Sating finish, 1.75" nut width, spruce top with rosewood back and sides, ebony fingerboard and bridge. (Is there a drool face icon?) :wink:

I'll be back next saturday to pick her up! Had to clear it with the wife. She's appeased, she got a new living room suite while I get the Larrivee. I think I made out on this one! 8)

Psa. 42:8
By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Congrats; Larrivees are great!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

Looks like a great guitar.

ReplyQuote