recommend classical cutaway guitar 2000~4000 Dollars

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jafarguitar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi

I am going to buy a classical cutaway guitar 2000~4000 US Dollars and need some recommendation
right now Yamha brand is in my mind.

Any recommendation? 2000 and 4000 US dollars will there be a lot of difference in sound?

Thanks

Watch me play

(@davidhodge)

For the price range you're quoting, you can pretty much choose any guitar you want. The question is, how much guitar have you played? Are you really into classical style?

Unless you're a pro and have a true need for a guitar that expensive, you can find a lot of very good, no, make that excellent, classical guitars (with or without the cutaway), not to mention most any other type of guitar, for less than $2,000 US, even under $1,500. There are certainly many, many good makes and models for under $1,000. You really need to go out and try the guitars out personally if you're going to be putting that much money into your instrument.

And if you're new to guitar, there's absolutely no reason to be buying a guitar this expensive.

Hope this helps. Welcome to Guitar Noise, by the way.

Peace

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Ditto...

Make sure that you fully understand that some craftmanship has zip to do with playability and tone...like pearl inlays, fillagree scrolls, herringbone perfelling (hey...I can't spell)...embroidered case lining...and built-in automatic capucino maker! :!:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

...shoulduh recommended you look at the One Millionth Martin as an example. It's on the C F Martin site.

If ya want THE perfect example of a "gilt lilly"...here's your chance!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@jafarguitar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks
I play guitar for the last 20 years now , have always been on max 500 Dollars guitar.
Started with classic but then just played folk acoustic guitar for many years. need to play guitar
in my church need electric cutaway and it is a bout a year I am back to classic that is why.
I am in Korea so I will have limitation of choice in foreign made guitars. Yamaha is here.

Watch me play

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I'm gonna recommend a local guy. I've seen and played his work, and it is exquisite.

http://www.rodriguezguitars.com/

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@jafarguitar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well, I finally did this.
I got a pickup a good one for my Acoustic guitar.
and purchased a 1500 Dollars Yamaha Classical guitar GC 31
Also got a SM57 Mic and need to get some more equipments

:D

Watch me play

ReplyQuote