Clear all

REO Speedwagon

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I was going through some old CDs the other night and I threw on some early (1970 - 75) REO Speedwagon and found myself enjoying the playing of Gary Richrath... i dunno... just thought he sounded a LOT cooler than I remembered from "Can't fight this feeling..."...

Any other Speedwagon fans out there?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member

Im a huge speedwagon fan. They all say that the metalers have there soft sides, I can listen to metallica, ozzy and van halen and then go listen to I cant fight this feeling and it kicks bootay. lol seriously though GREAT feeling song.. :D

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Try the "9 lives" album.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

REO Speedwagon Arrested ~

REO Speedwagon was arrested today for breaking, entering, and assault, after crashing through the door of an California beachhouse and crawling across the floor in pursuit of Cynthia Hanson, the owner of the home.
Hanson, who filed a restraining order against Speedwagon in April, says she has long anticipated such an incident. "What started out as friendship had grown stronger," she told reporters after the attack. "Recently it always seemed that they were following me -- they couldn't even wander without keeping me in sight."

Authorities believe that Speedwagon approached by water, bypassing the fence in front of the house by bringing a ship into shore. "We have found a boat," confirmed officer Janet Orwant, "although we still haven't located the oars. It's possible that they were thrown away forever."

Said Hanson of the event, "I'm just glad it's over. They were getting closer than I ever thought they might."

This marks the second time an 80s Band has been taken into custody this year, following the February arrest of The Police on charges of stalking.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

This marks the second time an 80s Band has been taken into custody this year, following the February arrest of The Police on charges of stalking.Did someone swipe your calendar again, or are you just avoiding the rush on 04/01? :lol:

Now I've got that song stuck in my head so badly, I can't even remember the name of the other Speedwagon tune I wanted to learn! :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Reo Speedwagon with Gary on guitar were great. I've seen them in concert about 3 times, and they're still good today, but miss Gary's awesome LP tone. They're ballads are ok, but I much prefer the rockin' tunes like "Music Man", "Riding The Storm Out", "Golden Country", "Keep Pushing", and "157 Riverside Ave". Now those are some classics. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Reo Speedwagon with Gary on guitar were great. I've seen them in concert about 3 times, and they're still good today, but miss Gary's awesome LP tone. They're ballads are ok, but I much prefer the rockin' tunes like "Music Man", "Riding The Storm Out", "Golden Country", "Keep Pushing", and "157 Riverside Ave". Now those are some classics. 8)

Dan

ditto,saw them 3 times in the 70s' .great band

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I can remember when they were a Chicago bar band, They would be advertised on WLS and WCFL for various area bars in and around Chi-town befor they ever had a hit record. Great band back in the day :D We used to play the hell out of riding the storm out :twisted: --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Good band. This thread inspired me to find a tab of "Take It On the Run" last night. I even transposed it from G to D so I could actually sing it.

I don't know who doesn't like REO.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote