Clear all

rewarding gigging experiance's

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kickinstonesblu)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I just finished reading Rockers news about leaving the band...(condolences Rocker..at least you weren't with this guy long enough to be close friends....it's even harder). Keep rocking.

Dealing with ego's is some of the worst parts of performing(without drugs and booze that just Quantum the problem) and thinking about what it can put us through made me think about why it doesn't stop us.

Had a non-paying gig once at a gravel pond lake in front of about 150 that i'll never forget. Just like it was yesterday. didn't know the others who showed up with guitars and had an emotionally rewarding experience with strangers. everything we played ..worked... audience was excelent. didn't drink and still got a buzz. good times.

Just wondered if you guys keep playing for similar reasons? Or maybe your ego is bigger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KSblu

If I don't remember it....It didn't happen

(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

That's great. There was this night in Tallahassee a few years back. Pink Floyd played in Orlando, and every local band had at least one member going to the show. There was this place called Planet 10, which was a practice space warehouse for a band that when the band broke up, it became a venue for local and touring acts. This particular night happened to be the birthday of the guy who pretty much ran the place. Those of us remaining that night all came and jammed. We all payed $1 to Mike so he could buy what ever he wanted for his birthday and had a continuous jam session. People that had never played together before jammed. Our band, Gothic Playground (sans our lead guitarist) went on as Gothic Hoedown and did country versions of our songs. A truely unforgetable evening. On of those days like Bill Murray says in Groundhog Day. "Why does it have to be this day I live over and over again? Why can't it be a good one?" I'd gladly go back there than come back to work tomorrow. Ah.....reality.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote