Clear all

Rockstar INXS

18 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@shibby)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone here watch that show? Its like American Idol except I actually want to listen the the contestants perform! I like it, its my new favorite summer series. What do you guys think?

(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Never saw it. Never plan to.

I use my TV for football, the daily show, and dvd's.

It's amazing how much more time I have for my kids, and to practice, play and teach when I don't actually care about the idiot box ;)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

My wife is addicted to it - it's one of the few shows she watches religiously. I'm usually in my office practicing when it's on, but I sometimes hear a bit of it.... some sounds good, some doesn't.

Last night when she watched it there was some song that struck me as being way off (I don't remember what it was now) and I said something about it... she said "Well, they only have three days to learn the song".

Seems like a long time to me.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

i've seen a couple of shows, its cool, i'm not really a inxs fan but dave navvarro rocks.

ReplyQuote
(@shibby)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

It's amazing how much more time I have for my kids, and to practice, play and teach when I don't actually care about the idiot box

A simple "I don't watch the show" would have been sufficient. There is no need to act like I am some kind of second class citizen because I watch a TV show.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

i've seen a couple of shows, its cool, i'm not really a inxs fan but dave navvarro rocks.

I've seen commercials and it looks pretty cheesy so i never bothered watching it. One question though, Why is Dave Navarro on the show? Last time I checked he was with Jane's Addiction and previously with the red hot chili peppers... is he part of the band or something now or was he on for some perticular reason?

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I watch it, and like it too. Some of the singers are very good, some, not to my liking. My vote goes to Jordis Unga. She rocks!
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star/performers/jordis/

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

It's amazing how much more time I have for my kids, and to practice, play and teach when I don't actually care about the idiot box

A simple "I don't watch the show" would have been sufficient. There is no need to act like I am some kind of second class citizen because I watch a TV show.

Shibby I dind't mean it that way and I'm sorry you took offense.

I'm not thinking your a second class anything. I'm merely stating that for me I don't watch shows regardless of if they have merit or not. There's plenty of good stuff on TV -- from Austin City Limits to the movie of the week that I don't see. This show might be the best thing on, but I don't see it because FOR ME if I start watching shows like that I'll see a commercial for another show to watch, and then another, and pretty soon I'll not have time for anything else.

Again, my apologies for offend you, the way you read that was not the way it was intended.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@cabreraluvr7)
Estimable Member

No offence but i like american idol better. The red haired girl was horrible! I could stand her. (sry if she was ur fave) And the dude w/the mohawk is really annoying. I watched the 1st episode and havent watched one since. Sorry.

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

steve

dave is not with inxs, i'm not sure why he is on the show, i think he's
like an advisor or something.

p.s. wish i had his girlfriend lol :P

ReplyQuote
(@racer-y)
Estimable Member

hi.
I've been subjected to the show a couple a times. I guess if
you like that sort a thing it's ok, but in all honesty I'm sick to death of ANY reality show. Also, what INXS is trying to do with this, do you really think they will be considered credible by the powers that be? I dunno
the idea just sorta strikes me as well, weird.
On the first two seasons of American Idol, Fox made some sort of deal to get the winning contestants "hit single" a lot of Airplay.
everyone knows Kimberly Clarkson and the rudy dude and the other guy,
but what about the girl that won on the 3rd season? LOL I already forgot the name of the girl that won this last time.

Yeah, I don't care for TV too much either. I don't even have cable or a sattelite thingee. And when I do decide to watch it, some stupid hasbeen is trying to make some stupid wannabe eat something disgusting.

LOL what would happen if Michael Schumacher got kicked off the team and the pit crew went through the stands to find a replacement driver?

Well, gotta go. The Simpsons are on............................

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but when
you're a 22lb sledge, do you really have to be?

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

rockerman, it gets worse, carmene electra isnt his girlfriend...

THATS HIS WIFE :shock:

lucky, lucky man tha dave navarro is

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Also, what INXS is trying to do with this, do you really think they will be considered credible by the powers that be?

Yeah, I agree with you 100% on that one. I see the show as the rock version of American Idol, if you consider INXS a rock band :lol:

One show I didn't mind was "Battle for Ozzfest", although i wasn't a fan of the music (i like some metal, but alot of it i really don't like), it seemed more real then American Idol and this show.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

black, you just ruined me man :cry: i was dreaming man and you rained on my parade, i guess the carmen fantasy is over :?, but a marrage
seems to do that, lol :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

black, you just ruined me man :cry: i was dreaming man and you rained on my parade, i guess the carmen fantasy is over :?, but a marrage
seems to do that, lol :wink:

Apparently no one has seen the Naravo-Electra reality show, 'Til Death Do Us Part? It's all about the two of them getting married. Ole Dave is becoming quite the Reality TV wh*re. Too bad.

I find Rock Star painful to watch -- it attracted way too many poseurs. And what a sad epilogue for INXS.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2