Clear all

Rolling Stone Magazine's Top 100 Guitar Songs

39 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Yes it's called Alhiemer's...when you can't remember something you go and make your self a list!

Any other lists are just pretentious wastes of time that serve no real purpose but here we are talking about that list in Rolling Stone...exactly what they want you to do...like PT Barnum said ( well I think it was him) "There's a sucker born everyday" So we fall into the marketing trap they set for us!

It's the same reason we have stupid reality shows on every channel/time in the US. We are as a whole, shallow, mindless, easily amused humans.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

I know what you mean about those shows. In the UK we have things like the 100 greatest comedy films and other such rubbish. Only watch if you feel like being braindead for a while. Same as big brother really.

Jack

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

For me to be honest for a second, Sometimes I rather enjoy lists of the such. When I see a list like the one discussed, I'll say"hmm, maybe I'll give this song a listen, seeing as though I'm always looking for music". I've found certain odds and ends from assorted lists before. But sometimes I hate them. Depending on who writes them, they can be so narrow minded and more pointless than they can sometimes already be.

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@fever-and-hum)
Eminent Member

I think blueline makes a good point, we have lists for everything. Maybe its just a human trait?

Jack

It's our need for order. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

For me to be honest for a second, Sometimes I rather enjoy lists of the such. When I see a list like the one discussed, I'll say"hmm, maybe I'll give this song a listen, seeing as though I'm always looking for music". I've found certain odds and ends from assorted lists before. But sometimes I hate them. Depending on who writes them, they can be so narrow minded and more pointless than they can sometimes already be.

I agree that they are a good way to find new music, and i have found quite a few bands through online lists that i might not have done. However i think that the sheer amount of lists, especially those list shows on TV, is total overkill. But finding some on the web and discussing them is good, an people's suggestions for songs that should have been on there gives me more scope in the bands i like.

Jack

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

A link to Rolling Stone's
500 Greatest Songs of All Time

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Like A Rolling Stone #1 followed by a Rolling Stones song at #2. I GET IT! HOW CUTE!

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

RS pays its homage. (They know who buttered their bread)

I must have been working too hard. . . I missed the Nirvana era.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

whats going on is a better song than imagine, but just barely

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3