Clear all

!!SAVE METALLICA!!

58 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
15.4 K Views
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Why not change the drummer or bassist if you want new life into the band? Would probably have a stronger effect...

ReplyQuote
(@warkthogus)
Eminent Member

Why not change the drummer or bassist if you want new life into the band? Would probably have a stronger effect...

I totally agree with arjen on this one!

"You were born an original, don't die a copy"

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Actaully the bassist has been replaced.(Jason left)

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

I'm just here to read Greybeard's post. :lol:

Good stuff as usual. :wink:

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

:oops:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

What essentially has happened is that when Bob Rock came into the scene, Metalica signed into an agreement that may have started out well but turned sour. I don't think they want people to buy their music. Well maybe Lars might, but I can't help but feel that James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett know full well that the music they've been putting out has been utter crap. Comercialy viable but unfulfilling. You have to wonder why Jason Newsted left to join and obscure Canadaian band (Voi Vod). An album which I'm still looking for. At any rate there are other bands. Let it rest. The best way to protest is simply not to buy the CDs.

I must appologize in behalf of Vancouver, BC, Canada. Bob Rock should have stuck with POP. It's what he does best.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

lol greybeard.

I'm not sure I understand what is being said in this thread. Was I incorrect to assume that Metallica is infact doing very well? Havn't they reached a lot of people, and gotten more fans? (I am asking this seriously, I do not follow the current music 'scene')

Taso

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Taso: That's the problem. They released an album, many new people liked it, many old fans didn't like it. So now the old people go nuts and accuse the band of selling-out, since the old fans have a far better taste, right? Or in this case, they blame the producer for metallica releasing music others like better then the old fans like it.

Selling out: old fans crying because a band takes a turn and ends up somewhere the old fans don't want the band to end up.

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

As influencial as any producer is upon the band he is producing, it's the band that inevitably has the final power of veto and if they're no longer confident enough to stand up to their producer then they shouldn't be boasting the clichéd ethos of "rock" where you beat someone up with your eyelids then drink beer in your shack or whatever they get up to nowadays.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Right Arjen, just as I figured.

The band is becoming more succesful, reaching more people. Obviously, the producer (Bob Rock?) is doing something right.

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Right Arjen, just as I figured.

The band is becoming more succesful, reaching more people. Obviously, the producer (Bob Rock?) is doing something right.

Sorry but this has/had nothing to do with the band becoming more successful. - Which isn't true in any event. Based on albums sold the BLACK era was there most successful time. After the Black album was released allot of people bought the older albums.

In terms of selling out that's crazy, I think it's fair to say that when you talk of metallica selling out you think the LOAD album - most people do.

For me the LOAD album is one of their best, GREAT song writing. Did they make a mistake by releasing RE-Load possibly - personally I'm undecided on that.

It could also have been a good idea to have only had one disk with the best of both but I can think of a couple songs that wouldn't have fit on the load album (which I certainly think is the stronger of the 2 by far) hence my undecided ness.

If you look at the ingredients that made some of their albums so great it was (in my opinion) honest - new – passionate. For 90% of people who signed that petition – myself included – it's got nothing to do with Bob Rock and his ability. OR the new METALLICA or ST Anger.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Metallica's recent albums suck? How many copies did your most recent album sell?

That's what I thought.

There's nothing more pathetic than some whiner going off about how bad an album was, that it was "unlistenable"... If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. That's capitalism, baby. Get the fark over it.

I'm not done yet.

1. Online petitions are useless. Face the fact that no online petition has ever accomplished anything meaningful. A complete waste of your energy.

2. Stand back for 2 seconds and realize you're just picking a scapegoat. You should ask James to step down, after all, he's a huge part of the creative direction of the band. Come on.

If you don't like the band anymore, listen to someone you do like. This is where Metallica's music is now, you don't have to like it, but everyone else would appreciate it if you would shut up about it.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Not sure I'd call it selling out and Metallica never did much for me anyway although I do like some of their songs, but there have been so many other bands that I've loved over the years that eventually made records I hated. That doesn't neccisarily mean that the next one will be the same.

Then again there are almost zero artists that I could say I like all their music. I'd say even my favorite artists I only like about 50% of the stuff they put out.

To some degree it might be because of record companies forcing them to put out X amount of albums so they may have one maybe two decent songs and they end up filling the rest of the album with crap.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

THANK YOU UNDERCAT :!: (I could not agree more!)NOW WE CAN GET THE %$#@! ON WITH OUR LIVES :lol: :lol: --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I agree with you to a point undercat, not sure If I agree with the way you said it. Lets keep it friendly, I think that we have been doing so thus far.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4