Clear all

Schecter Hellraiser

18 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@futile)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I think I'm going to go buy a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (sans Floyd Rose) this afternoon, but I'm nervous about it, despite good reviews. :shock: What do you all think before I put down my hard-earned cash?

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

The reviews at Harmony Central appear to be generally good. Have you played it yet?

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Schecter/C-1+Hellraiser/10/1

ReplyQuote
(@futile)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

A little bit, and it feels nice, but I have yet to get over a little bit of guitar-store-shyness, so probably not as much as I should have.

I like the neck, and how light it is, and it FEELS in some ways similar to by very odd old Squier Bullet (ugh..), which I am incredibly comfortable with.

However, I'm fairly new to the guitar scene (I've been playing seriously for about a year), so I have to get recommendations from more experienced folks!

ReplyQuote
(@futile)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

So, I DID march right into the store and buy my Hellraiser. Holy crap, this guitar was crafted by angels to fit in my hands.

And the sound is really really good. I do think it is the best guitar I have ever really played (like not just noodling at the store), including my boyfriend's SG (and low-end Strat), and pretty much all the Ibanezes at my local guitar shop.

I've always been kind of ashamed to turn up the amp when playing guitar (Because I'm still kind of a newbie), but not anymore! It really makes a HUGE difference in all of my playing.

Anyway, that's my inexperienced opinion (but, it really is an amazing guitar. The person who sold it to me complimented me on my taste. Haha.)

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I think Bish just bought a Hellraiser. Looks like a good solid guitar. Bish will let you know, since he's bought and sold 45,683 guitars over that last year.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I just bought one of those last week from MF.

It came with a very nice setup so I might only lower the action a little. All frets were dressed perfectly and so was the nut. I got the Cherry finish and as with other Schecters, no disappointments for me either.

It plays great and has great contrast in tones between pickups and the switch.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

How much are you askin for the guitar Bish, Sorry just RAISING HELL! Somebody had to say it. Nice looking guitars you guys. Futile is yours the same colour as the pic?
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Give it a week or two, Robbie - it will be up for sale soon! :wink:

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Awww. C'mon you guys.

It takes at least 30 days before that may happen. :oops:

Any serious offers? :D

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@futile)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

How much are you askin for the guitar Bish, Sorry just RAISING HELL! Somebody had to say it. Nice looking guitars you guys. Futile is yours the same colour as the pic?
Robbie

Yeah, mine is the same color. The only other color was very flat black (reminds me of the gibson ultragoths), and while I was a big goth in high school, I feel like being a little bit more flashy these days!

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I got the C-7 Hellraiser a couple of months ago. 7 string 26 1/2" scale. Black. Pretty sweet, especially cause it was new and I talked them down off the asking price, got a strap and gig bag thrown in. I'd been wanting a 7 string or baritone for some time.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Congrats on the 7 string 97reb. 8)

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I really feel I was supposed to have that C-7. A couple of weeks later I blindly ordered a Levy's Leather strap on clearance from Music123. It had no product description other than leather strap by Levy's on clearance. I figured for the price, what the heck it was a leather strap, hopefully a solid piece of work to last a while. It came in and it was white pearloid vinyl on one side sown to leather. The white pearloid was just like the binding on the C-7.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Ummmm pictures would help greatly. :wink:

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I hope these pics come thru from photbucket

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2