Clear all

Serious GAS right now

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I fell on hard times and had to sell all my guitars and amps. I do miss playing though, especially since I found people who like to play as well.

Anyway, I had nothing to do today and I tagged along with a friend who wanted to look at a resonator. Of course I'm not going to just sit there while he plays guitars so I play a few.

One of the guitars I played was a Yahama acoustic. The tone was bright, which I liked, the neck was comfortable, easy to fret and it was $360. I had the money but don't like to buy on impulse so I didn't buy it. It's been a few hours and I'm tempted to go and get it.

You guys ever had this happen?

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

(@davidhodge)

Definitely - but for me there's always a chance leaving an instrument. Since I play left handed, chances are fairly good that the instrument will be there later. But not always...

Cool thing is that if you're interested and you have the ability to leave it there, you can go back and check out others as well. You might find yourself even more interested in the first one or possibly find something else in your range that you like even better.

Happy hunting!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

You cannot go wrong with a Yamaha. If you have the cash and it speaks to you then you will never regret buying it.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Definitely - but for me there's always a chance leaving an instrument. Since I play left handed, chances are fairly good that the instrument will be there later. But not always...

Cool thing is that if you're interested and you have the ability to leave it there, you can go back and check out others as well. You might find yourself even more interested in the first one or possibly find something else in your range that you like even better.

Happy hunting!

Peace

I tried a few actually. They had a couple Luna guitars. Gorgeous but bassy tone. Also a graphite guitar. Loved it and not having to worry about wood warping is a plus but $2700 is a little steep. I could afford it but I'm cheap lol

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote