Notifications
Clear all

Sexy riffs.

34 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I think Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" is about the sexiest and romantic song I've ever heard. That slow Fender Strat with reverb and tremelo bar fits the mood to the "T".

"Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin is just plain sex, nobody else comes close. :twisted:

I've always thought Eddie Money's "Two Tickets to Paradise" very sexy and romantic. Great guitar riff.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@drink2much)
Eminent Member

got the time - anthrax man i love the 7 second lovins

the first riff of sara smiles by hall n oates, they is swanky my brothers

There are about five things to write songs about: I'm leaving you. You're leaving me. I want you. You don't want me. I believe in something. Five subjects, and twelve notes. For all that, we musicians do pretty well.
Elvis Costello- Esquire, NOV 03

ReplyQuote
(@waltaja)
Estimable Member

Led Zeppelin - Heartbreaker
Cream - Sunshine of your Love

"I got a woman, stay drunk all the time!"

-Led Zeppelin-

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

afternoon delight by will ferrel :D

As for "real" songs.

Close yet far-CKY
Rio Bravo-CKY (A much angrier and sweatier kind of love but love none the less =O )
Right here in my arms-HIM
hot for teacher-Van Halen

Pretty much any iron and wine song, but specifically fever dream.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Led Zeppelin - Heartbreaker
Cream - Sunshine of your Love

ooh i forgot about sunshine of your love... hmmm will have to learn it.

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I think the song Low Rider has a sexy kind of feel to it. Strange isn't it.

But the ultimate "I'm going to get in any girl's pants cause I wrote this" song is Wonderful Tonight.

Agree on Low Rider.

However, do you know the story behind Wonderful Tonight? I saw a Clapton interview that explained he wrote it while getting annoyed that his wife (GF?) was taking too much time to get ready to go out. The original state of mind was more like "Yeah, you look wonderful in that. Can we go already?"

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

"Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin is just plain sex, nobody else comes close. :twisted:

Yeah, that wins hands down as the best.

Other great ones......

Feel Like Makin' Love - Bad Company

I Just Want To Make Love To You - Extra points if you know the band. One of my all time favorite songs and the riff is killer sexy!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Seems LZ gets a lot of votes here, and I agree: Adding Kasmir for its great, driving rhythm.

Wes: Good call on Wicked Games. That is great, sexy guitar. (but too bad about that Eddie Money :P )

Others (Not really riffs):

Audrey's Dance from the Twin Peaks soundtrack -- vibes, snapping fingers and clarinet: shivers, man, shivers!

The 'Aria' collection of about 7 years ago -- all of it.

Crash into Me by DMB

Peter Gunn - Mancini

Rhapsody in Blue - Gershwin

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I Just Want To Make Love To You - Extra points if you know the band. One of my all time favorite songs and the riff is killer sexy!!!!
Muddy Waters (Wilie Dixon), Rolling Stones, Eta James, FogHat ... Pick one. There were actually more that did it.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Muddy Waters (Wilie Dixon), Rolling Stones, Eta James, FogHat ... Pick one. There were actually more that did it.

You learn something everyday! I knew Willie Dixon was the composer, but I didn't know that many people did it!

FogHat was the answer I was looking for, but I guess you can throw that one out the window! :lol:

Thanks Nils. Double extra points for that!

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

Wes: Good call on Wicked Games. That is great, sexy guitar.
Ditto, I am wondering how I could have forgotten that one!

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

"

Only Version I know of that is Muddy Waters's :P

Dammit Nil's beat me to it. :P

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

I have it on good authority that anything by James Taylor will make the ladies putty in your hands. Judging by the reactions of the female fans during Taylor's set on the Crossroads DVD, I'd say that's probably true.

ReplyQuote
(@mr_clean001)
Estimable Member

Taylor is always a big winner with the women. Had an ex-girlfriend way back that was THRILLED that I got tickets to the Taylor concert. Not really my thing, but she enjoyed it.....

I would have to say the sexiest riff depends on the mood....for something soft and romantic...Santana or James Taylor.

For something a little more playful....Seether's Remedy has a catchy riff. I don't know if it's sexy in the "bedroom" sense of the word, but it is one that gets my attention....

"Practice until you get a guitar welt on your chest...if it makes you
feel good, don't stop until you see the blood from your fingers.
Then you'll know you're on to something!"
- Ted Nugent

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

If it is possible, would anybody care to tab out some of these riffs? I recognize some of the songs, but the rest I haven't even heard of some of these bands.

Maybe we can get a greatest riff tab posting going.

Here's one of my favourites from the Beatles, Come Together:

e|---------------------------|
b|---------------------------|
g|---------------------------|
d|--------------------10-----|
a|-------------10h12---------|
e|-----10--10----------------|

Kenny

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3