Clear all

sheet music creator?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@classicshredder999)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

do anyone know a website were i can type my own sheet music, and not tabs. any help?

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I don't know of a website. But there are freeware programs, like Finale's NotePad. For the most part, free programs allow you to enter a single instrument, and you can only have one voice - no bass note held while other notes are played above it, etc.

You could also use something like TuxGuitar, GuitarPro, or PowerTab - I think all of those allow the output of standard notation. I haven't used any of those much (I use the full-blown Finale), but my sense is they have some issues... you might never run into them if you stay in simple keys and don't transpose much.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Recently I asked a similar question. I posted several links there:

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48293&p=434253#p434424

Currently Finale NotePad is not freeware, they has a 30-day trial demo version. I used Finale NotePad when we made that experience for creating melodies and I kept using it all this time. Recently I changed my computer and I saw it was not longer freeware.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

A good free program is Lilypond
The developers focus is on creating beautiful output to look as close as possible to manual music engraving.

It's not a wysiwyg drag-n-drop program, but it is pretty easy to get up to sped on it (at least for me).

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote