Notifications
Clear all

:shock: Stairway to Heaven backwards!

33 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
(@sjt1316)
Trusted Member

A comedian I saw once said - if you are listening to your records backwards, maybe you should hear a message from Satan. He's probably saying "You're going the wrong way..."

--Steve
If you're enjoying it, are you still a struggling artist??
D~~n the man, save the Empire!

ReplyQuote
(@shibby)
Estimable Member

Check this website out http://www.reversespeech.com/Simple_Examples.htm . It has several examples of speech being reversed into understandable phrases. The author of the site claims that the by reversing speech one can tell what someone was really thinking. I don't believe it but the JFK one is pretty cool.

Shibby

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

A comedian I saw once said - if you are listening to your records backwards, maybe you should hear a message from Satan. He's probably saying "You're going the wrong way..."

hahahahaha.

Who cares about the satan thing? If its true, then pretty much the entire FM radio community already gave their souls up to the devil about 25 years ago, and we're all screwed... :twisted:

Don't know about that PF thing, but the other age old rumor about Dark Side of the Moon and Wizard of Oz is totally true. :D

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I have to admit, i screwed up my fist copy of the white albun playing it backwards--But if you play " number nine backwards it does say "Turn me on dead man" you can record the phrase" number nine" into your windows recorder several times and play it backwards and it will say "turn me on dead man"--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@m07zm4n)
Estimable Member

The problem with this reverse speaking is that people who claim to have evidence just take the few parts that work compared to 99% where it doesn't. that's just good old cherry picking...

NO MORE THEORY!!
um...
KNOW MORE THEORY!!!!

<------>
motz
<------>

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

yeah... I didn't think it was real except for the Pink Floyd one, I think that was on purpose. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@m07zm4n)
Estimable Member

8)

by the way: I didn't mean that you believed it. Sorry if it came across that way.

NO MORE THEORY!!
um...
KNOW MORE THEORY!!!!

<------>
motz
<------>

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I don't know about Stairway or anything else but when I play my guitar backwards it somehow sounds like music, it's when I play it the normal way that it screams at me.."you sux you sux"

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

in the words of the late great Bill Hicks
"i have news for you, if you play your records backwards you ARE satan"

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@phingerboard)
Trusted Member

Cobwebs in the memory so can't remember who it was for sure, I think it was Klatuu with "We are the Beatles, We are the Beatles...."

Best Guitar Sites | Guitar Players Lick Better

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I have to admit, i screwed up my fist copy of the white albun playing it backwards--But if you play " number nine backwards it does say "Turn me on dead man" you can record the phrase" number nine" into your windows recorder several times and play it backwards and it will say "turn me on dead man"--the dog

Uhh.. I take it this doesn't work with a New York accent, cause I'm getting nothing.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

nevaeh ot yawriats a gniyub s'ehs dna.

They say if you play a Country record backwards your wife and dog will come home, and your pickup truck will start running again.

If you play Jazz backwards it sounds just the same.

If you play Rap backwards it still sounds horrible.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

If you play Rap backwards it still sounds horrible.

Doesn't rap sound horrible anyway? :lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

ya rap blows. :evil:

ReplyQuote
(@ajcharron)
Estimable Member

Flashback from the 80s... Entire books were written about this. Take a tape record, say anything you like for three minutes, then play it backwards. Some of the sounds will make words. Words are syllables, most are used in one direction or the other. Some more than others.

And even if it does say something: so what? The guy who invented the process of recording messages backwards (it was done for ads) always started out by telling his customers that it doesn't work: if you can't hear it, you're subconscious won't grasp it either. Studies have shown that he's right.

So just about any song you can think about will have a backwards message.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3