Notifications
Clear all

Should I buy an MP3? Or other?

26 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@evolution)
Estimable Member

I forgot to mention that if you want some reviews on MP3 players go to http://cnet.com . They offer some pretty good reviews and some of them have video reviews if you're too lazy to read ;)

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

some of them have video reviews if you're too lazy to read

What?! Moi? Lazy?! :shock: :lol:

Just because I'm sitting here on my butt playing on the computer with a 20-pound cat snoozing in my lap when I should be working doesn't mean I'm lazy! :D

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Is there any way i can play midi files on a portable player ?

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member

Well most MP3 players don't support MIDI files just because of the quality of the music. You might be able to find one with firmware to allow you to play MIDI files.

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

iTunes and ipods are the way to go. I don't have an ipod yet, but i am planning on buying.
I've been using iTunes on my mac and windows and have used apples since the early 90's.

To get the music you want you could try a subscription service like Rhapsody ( http://www.real.com/rhapsody ).
you pay an amount a month and have free unlimited downloads. Its all on the level and is not piracy.

Anyway, hope you figure it out.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I have an HP handheld that I use as a GPS system with CoPilot navigation software and hardware in my car. I rip music to the SD card and play it with Media Player. I have a Belkin FM converter to go with it so I can play the music (and GPS voice) over the stereo. Works great for me but it sure is funny when the GPS voice kicks in the same time a song is playing..

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

some of them have video reviews if you're too lazy to read

What?! Moi? Lazy?! :shock: :lol:

Just because I'm sitting here on my butt playing on the computer with a 20-pound cat snoozing in my lap when I should be working doesn't mean I'm lazy! :D

Margaret

Margaret, I think he was talking about me. How does he know this stuff? :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member

I'm pyschic :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Well most MP3 players don't support MIDI files just because of the quality of the music. You might be able to find one with firmware to allow you to play MIDI files.

It's not just a matter of sound quality, but of the near zero demand for this feature among those who buy MP3 players.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

They don't support MIDI because that would mean extra hardware to store everything needed for MIDI playing, and extra software to do it. MIDIs aren't encoded sound; they're instructions about what notes to play.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Imagine having midi support.Then we can listen to thousands of instrumental tunes in an absurdly small storage space.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2