should i buy this guitar?

15 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

http://www.rondomusic.net/product1057.html

i had my guitar stolen, and i'm looking for a replacement. if anyone has any experience with this guitar, please tell me about it. i like the features on the guitar, especially the neck p90 and the whammy bar. the frets are hand rolled, and it's not that expensive.
here are my concerns: i've never played a minibucker and i'm worried about agile's quality control. i'm also not a huge fan of the paintjob, but it's not a major concern.

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

man sorry to hear about the guitar that sux.. I don't own one of these or anything so i can't give you any advice bu tthe price does seem pretty reasonable.

There are several people who own Agile's here and I don't remember hearing any horror stories about them.

I'm thinking TwistedLefty has one so he may be able to comment.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I own an AL-3000, cherryburst w/ P90s. Very nice guitar and well worth the money paid.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

two questions about the specs:
# Width of the neck at the nut: 1 5/8"; at the 21st fret: 2 3/16"
# Neck taper/thickness at the 1st fret: 21.5 mm; at the 12th fret: 23.5mm

is this a standard neck, thin neck?

also, what is pole spacing?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

anyway, i bought the thing. it'll be here next week.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Don't worry about Agile's quality control. If there's a problem with the guitar, Kurt will make it right. There is nobody else in the guitar business with customer service like Rondo's.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

Yep, Kurt is the best.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

is that sarcasm? i've read nothing but horror stories on harmonycentral reviews

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

Horror stories about Agile guitars? Both of my Agiles are fine guitars and worth more than I gave for them. No Horror stories here.

Good Luck!

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

is that sarcasm? i've read nothing but horror stories on harmonycentral reviews

Its best to go to a store and check out guitars and select one which is best for you and your pocket.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Sorry, but I have never heard about horror stories concerning the customer service at Rondo. And I have only heard good things about the Agile guitars. I bought one sight unseen and it is an absolute beauty. It plays well, feel great, sounds wonderful, and is an absolute 10 of 10 in the looks department! If I had the money right now, I'd buy about 4 or 5 more Agiles and get into collecting them. Too bad for me I am incapable of lowering my G.A.S measurements

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

I've heard many good things about the Agile line, & that will probably be my next purchase. :)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

anyway, the guitar is here, and it's great. looks beautiful, sounds good. i won't have to change pickups or anything. i love the ebony fretboard. it's like playing on glass. real smooth, no friction.
the whammy bar doesn't lock in though. it slips. so i emailed kurt and he's sending me another one, but i'm almost positive it's the trem system itself that's the problem. time will tell.
one thing i didn't realize would happen with a trem system was that if you leave an open note ringing and bend another string, the open note will dive down in pitch. it kinda bothers me that i'll have to adjust my playing style at this point, but i wanted the tremolo, so i'll live with it. maybe i'll get a hardtail guitar next, although sonically i think a strat would be the most different.

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

Congrats on your new Agile. :D

ReplyQuote
(@itchard)
Trusted Member

If only those guys at Rondo shipped to the Uk.

I'd probably end up buying about 3 guitars at once.

EDIT: Ok wow. They charge $301.35 for shipping outside Canada/USA. Thats like, £150. A bit crazy if you ask me.

ReplyQuote