Notifications
Clear all

Show us your Les Pauls!

16 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Holy smokes, strokes, Slashes and Jimmy Pages, and a pic of Les Paul himself! That's a nice collection, all. Nice wood,eh?

There's no way to sneak PRS 10 tops in here, so here's what I play now other than those "replacements", and plain ol' Teles.

I actually sold my Les Pauls, it was either bear the heavy cross to carry their torches, or get a spinal tap. Too bad, 2 were chambered, one was a Guild Bluesbird, recommended if you find one. There's another clone at home, 1970's or 80's Condor, not much of a guitar on it's own, but it's still new and it has a massive electronic module, switches and lights, with effects.

Here's my baby now decked out for winter holidays! Umm you really shouldn't call a black axe with Zakk Wylde's EMGs, baby?

Now I can never be simple or serious. So what does that leave? Complex and devious? Here's my poster showing what I think Les Pauls are for, why I like these guitars, how I see them in their purest or most popular form, and why we play them!!! :shock:

Now I have to go in a sequence, presenting same colour, or same couch? It's my 1984 MIJ Tokai Love Rock, "1958 Burst".

She's a classic in her own right, or vintage going on 27 years. As you may know, they were good builds. I love rock, or her?

She's not scared a nuthin'. Plug 'n play, rock 'n roll, just come out of her case to show her true colors, close up, long tenon.

Oh no, bashful now? Look out below! She sees a $350,000 real 1959 coming, NOT MINE, but I stole a pic? Faded, however.

Now sheriously, I actually play dish won aww the time. My 2008 hag. Hagstrom Super Swede, long scale, and coil splitting.

'Tis the season, for tinsel, to sparkle and shine. Les Pauls can be double cut? My '62 RI Gretsch Silver Jet, not champagne.

Sparkle, sparkle little twink,
Who the heck you are I think,
I'm not under the alcolfluence of inkelhol,
As some thinkle peep I am,
But I fool so feelish,
Wondering be I who,
Yearly Happy News to you!

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the Les Paul was also a fine invention, but the Les Paul does not go nearly as well with pizza or wings.

Still, it only takes one Les Paul to get you drunk. I can't remember if it's the tenth or the eleventh. Good thread! Happy '11!

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2