Clear all

Slide Guitar

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@the_fifth_beatle)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Can anyone point me in the direction of some slide guitar artists/cd's...something in the same vein as Ry Cooders Paris Texas album?

thanks!

stop...i have found a genius...stop...

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Live at the Fillmore East by The Allman Brothers Band...

Duane Allman is arguably (And in my opinion, he is! :) ) the best rock and roll slide player... But they kinda sound bluesy/jazzy... A great album in my opinion... Pick it up!! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

I discovered that album a year ago, and it is probably the greatest full album Ive listened where I can sit and enjoy the whole thing without skipping songs. Duane Allman was a genius at slide. However, you cant forget the other phenonemal members of the band, as they all do a great job, making this one of my faovrite albums.

ReplyQuote
(@the_fifth_beatle)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

which paris texas album have you been listening too?

stop...i have found a genius...stop...

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Might want to check out Sonny Landreth and Eric Sardinas

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I discovered that album a year ago, and it is probably the greatest full album Ive listened where I can sit and enjoy the whole thing without skipping songs. Duane Allman was a genius at slide. However, you cant forget the other phenonemal members of the band, as they all do a great job, making this one of my faovrite albums.

+1 8)

In Memory of Elizebeth Reed was the first jazz tune I learned, and it inspired me to listen to more jazz (John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Django, etc. )

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Might want to check out Sonny Landreth and Eric Sardinas

Sonny Landreth in great too! :) Never heard of Eric Sardinas though... Gotta check him out... 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Live at the Fillmore East by The Allman Brothers Band...

Duane Allman is arguably (And in my opinion, he is! :) ) the best rock and roll slide player... But they kinda sound bluesy/jazzy... A great album in my opinion... Pick it up!! :)

I agree.

ReplyQuote