Skip to content
So anybody else for...

Notifications
Clear all

So anybody else forget about daylight savings?

17 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I forgot to change my clock last night so I could have gotten en extra hour of sleep :( My alarm woke me up and I got all dressed and ready to go out until I remebered about daylight savings time. :cry:

(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Well, just be thankful you didn't forget to set it forward and have to be somewhere on time. Nobody can get upset if you're an hour ahead of time, but can get upset about being an hour late.

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

I think the whole thing bizzare and a waste. Although the sunsets from my window at work are spectacular.

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Could have been worse evolution, a guy at my rugby club actually put his clocks forward an hour, so he was there two hours before anyone else. Mind you he did get a real good parking space :shock:

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

did you ever stop to think about it? i mean , where does that extra hour go? 8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I think the whole thing bizzare and a waste. Although the sunsets from my window at work are spectacular.

Daylihght savings time was put in during the first world war to conserve energy so you would hav more daylgith and won't need to turn on the lights earlier.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Daylihght savings time was put in during the first world war to conserve energy so you would hav more daylgith and won't need to turn on the lights earlier.
Which never made sense to me,
So you won't need your lights on in the morning but you have them on longer in the evening, Where is the savings?
Don't say employers do business more in the morning because most employers have lights on whenever they are doing business regardless of weither the sun is shining or not.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

If I recall correctly the original concept of "daylight savings" time was for the farmers. This gave them extra light in the morning when it is best to harvest and plant due to the over night moisture.

Sounds like a reasonable idea to me but I am not a farmer so I would rather have the extra light at night.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Seems I got so excited I knew something intelligent that I forgot to answer the original question :lol: . No I didn't forget. Seems to me all the clocks I worry about change themselves and I only mess with 2 others.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

If I recall correctly the original concept of "daylight savings" time was for the farmers. This gave them extra light in the morning when it is best to harvest and plant due to the over night moisture.

Sounds like a reasonable idea to me but I am not a farmer so I would rather have the extra light at night.

Oh you're right :( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

I could of swore I read that in my history text book awhile back saying that it was to save energy.....

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I have a feeling that depending on where you are and the type of climate it may actually be used to save energy and to aid the farmers. It may have even flipped back and forth over the years. Both are actually mentioned at wikipedia.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

No I didn't forget, but I did forget to get an extra hour sleep! :cry:

Darn sinus infection! I was up all night!

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

Only the Government can adjust time for the benefit of those in an industry where they don't have to punch a clock.

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Such a wuss tracker.

:lol:

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Such a wuss tracker.

:lol:
I don't think we can call him a wuss. I bet he stayed up all night just to enjoy it :lol:

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2