Skip to content
So which band have ...

Notifications
Clear all

So which band have you seen the most times?

49 Posts
39 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Status Quo, for me - saw them six times in the 70's, four times in the 80's, twice in the 90's and so far, three times in the 00's....fifteen in total.

Which brings up another point - I've watched them in four different decades, possibly someone's seen, for example, The Stones (Teleplayer perhaps?) in FIVE different decades....anyone?

So who have YOU seen the most times?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

Edgar Winter. 1976, 1992, 1994, 2006 (Ringo's All Star Band), and coming up in July he is backing Deep Purple.

I did see Rush on the Farwell to Kings tour in Dothan, AL on a Wendesday, and enjoyed it so much that I went the following Sunday to see them again in Jacksonville, FL. Spring break 1978. What a week! The following year was the Hemisphere's tour. Only saw that one once.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Have seen Rush three times now, but the record has to be for Iron Maiden

Every Friday down the Ruskin Arms in East Ham, before they got signed. It was free to get in too

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@heatherjocey)

Status Quo, for me - saw them six times in the 70's, four times in the 80's, twice in the 90's and so far, three times in the 00's....fifteen in total.

Whoa, fifteen times!? Sweet :)

My 3x record being held by Tori Amos sounds pretty sad after that, but I can now at least hold the two decade record, as I saw the Smashing Pumpkins once in 1996, and two days ago I finally got to see them again, a whole 11 years later. *grin*

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Grateful Dead 5
Rush 4
Ted Nugent 3
Yes 2
ELP 2
Deep Purple 2
Black Sabbath (Ozzie) 2
Jethro Tull 2
LZ 1
about 20 or so others also.
so basically i had no money in the 70s

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wow, can't remember but it probably was Bowie, I've seen him four or five tims but not recently. Actually I've seen BB King about the same amount not necessarily by choice but I was working at a club that he played a couple times a year.

Everyon else was just once or twice.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Neil Young,
Bob Dylan
Rolling Stones,

followed by
Paul McCartney
Carlos Santana
Dave Matthews
(Grateful) Dead

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Cheap Trick, no doubt. They played high school dances and small local venues way before any of you heard of them. 8)

During high school I went to Arizona for spring break with some friends. We got so excited when we saw a Cheap Trick album cover posted in the window of a record store a thousand miles from home. They were just starting to get some national notice.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I can't remember exact dates, but I must have seen Stevie Ray Vaughan at least two dozen times during the 80s. I lived in the NYC suburbs at that time, and he would play several small venues in the area each time he came through town, which was at least twice a year. So, I would spend a week going to see him every night.

I have seen Rush about 4 times and am taking my two boys, ages 11 & 8, to see them play at Red Rocks here in Colorado later this the summer. First rock concert for both of them.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

That's a hard question, Vic! :D But, in thinking back, I'd have to say.....

1. The Who (at least a dozen times!)
2. ZZ Top (Texas boys!)
3. Grateful Dead (I used to live in San Francisco.... they'd give free concerts at the drop of a hat!)
4. Stevie Ray Vaughan (another Texas boy! I saw him a whole bunch of times in a whole bunch of dives before he ever became THE Stevie Ray!)

There's more, but I figure four is enough for now! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

I'm so envious of you who got to see SRV a bunch of times.

I didn't discover SRV until it was too late. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

That's a shame, Margaret! He and his brother Jimmie used to play around here all the time (in fact, they grew up around here)!! They were always amazing to listen to and watch!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@dennisf6)
Trusted Member

Grateful Dead - somewhere between 30 and 50 times.
Ya'll probably can guess why I can't remember more precisely how many times it was! :lol:

I want to play guitar very badly -
and I do!

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Duran Duran :oops:

Yeah well...I used to go to concerts a lot more when I was a young thing than I do now.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

"Big Country" five times.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4