Skip to content
Some Bands You're A...

Notifications
Clear all

Some Bands You're Afraid to Admit Your Into...

97 Posts
33 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Roy...dude..a Harley AND you own ABBA CDs???

I are confused. You are a walking contradiction. Or a closet Dancing Queen :shock: :lol:
(Just joking with ya)

Ahhhh, but I never mix the two. :wink:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Roy...dude..a Harley AND you own ABBA CDs???

I are confused. You are a walking contradiction. Or a closet Dancing Queen :shock: :lol:
(Just joking with ya)

Ahhhh, but I never mix the two. :wink:

Wise man! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

what??? low slung bras.? y'all caught my interest.

ABBA. great entertainers. the outfits however were corny.
but now I remember my bell bottoms, wide leather belt, furry sideburns, and tie dye....so I am shutting up now.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

K D Lang ...

I heard her singing "Crying " with The big O I loved it and still do ...

Probably worse than that , I still have vinyl of {Oh the shame when I say this } Mamma's and the Poppas :(

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

K D Lang ...

Probably worse than that , I still have vinyl of {Oh the shame when I say this } Mamma's and the Poppas :(

Dunno - sounds like a case of good taste in vocals to me. K D Lang is brilliant vocalist, even in a tux. Constant Craving did it for me.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

K D Lang ...

Dunno - sounds like a case of good taste in vocals to me. K D Lang is brilliant vocalist, even in a tux. Constant Craving did it for me.

Absolutely! KD Lang's voice is so naturally pure and strong and what a range that woman has!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@spides)
Estimable Member

what??? low slung bras.? y'all caught my interest.

ABBA. great entertainers. the outfits however were corny.
but now I remember my bell bottoms, wide leather belt, furry sideburns, and tie dye....so I am shutting up now.

back when eurovision had something great to offer the world of music. This year was a joke, the team who won was russia, I'm guessing more from politics than talent based on the song and performance, and the band who, IMO, was miles above the closest competition, was Serbia. They hardly cracked a mention because nobody wanted them to win two years in a row.

Its all become quite funny, but not at all what it started out as. That said, very entertaining viewing.

My point is that ABBA rock, and KD is amazing too.

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

K D Lang ...

Absolutely! KD Lang's voice is so naturally pure and strong and what a range that woman has!

Didn't mean to offend her voice at all , I totally agree she does have a wonderful voice , but when my friends come over it never comes out , Rock and Roll Trev listening to K D Lang ...Some people just would not understand .......Me of all people listening to her ....Thats all I meant by my post ...

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Probably worse than that , I still have vinyl of {Oh the shame when I say this } Mamma's and the Poppas

I'd be more worried if you had clothes like the M's and P's wore still in your closet....

No shame there, Trev, the M's & P's were a great pop band - and you'll have to go a LONG way to hear better vocal harmonies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wI6uAOHzvo

Here's a band I'm surprised no-one's mentioned yet - in fact, I don't think I've ever seen them mentioned on GN. Great, simple, catchy pop from a time when pop was a dirty word.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95AEzyWZX8I

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Saw them about 5 years ago or so. Good show. They got their start in the same bar & scene that the Talking Heads and the Ramones did in NYC back in the late 70's. They've done everything from punk to pop to older covers to rap to dance. Lots of talent in my book. Nothing earth-shattering for the virtuoso-only fans though. Nope, just a good band with flexibility and a sassy little hottie as the front-'man'.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Okay -- so I've got a Debbie Harry story.

Years ago, when my daughter was young, we had British au pairs to help care for her. Our house seemed to became a hangout for our au pair and her friends, as the lot of them seemed to be veggietarians, and we always had the "right" food in the fridge. As it happened, our then-au pair Lisa and her friend Emma somehow managed to snag free Debbie Harry tickets for local show. Even better, they got to go back stage afterwards! Next day, the two of them told me all about meeting Ms. Harry: Emma, who was tall and excitable, led the way back stage, and she nervously had her hands up by her face. Not quite paying attention in her rush, she bumped a woman from behind, who turned around and, of course, was Debbie Harry. At the same time, the excited Emma grabbed two handfuls of Debbie Harry's "up-front assets." And that's the story of how our British friend Emma met and groped Debbie Harry -- who didn't really seem to mind at all!

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

ROFLMAO!!!!! :lol: :lol:

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Back when Blondie were big , I was madly in love with her ....

Debbie Harry came to Australia a few years back so I quickly bought tickets to see her , drove 9 hours with the Mrs to see this stunning woman who in my ears could sing like a angel ...

What a disappointment when she walked out on stage and sang one of the bands biggest hits ....

She sounded horrid looked fairly ordinary ....

I walked away very disappointed , the Mrs turned to me and said , " If you had married her look at what you would be married to now , but you married this " ....

Every now and then just for a joke I call my wife Debbie

Ha ha ha ..she laughs about it

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Look closely at the girl next to the bearded guy in this picture! It's Debbie Harry! She was with "Wind in the Willows", a folk band, and this was released in 1968!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

And she was brunette, too......

Wow, some great hairstyles on that album cover......and beards!

Vic makes a beeline for the nearest barbershop - and not to sing harmony.....and searches for the long-lost razor*

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7