Notifications
Clear all

Some songs can rip your heart out

34 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

'Come Dancing' - The Kinks (one nostalgic song that has a killer brass section in the end)
'Golden Slumbers' - The Beatles
'In your Wildest Dreams' - Moody Blues (like the Kinks song it is pure nostalgia. And like the Kinks song it has a beautiful video that will make you weep if you're that sensitive).
'A Change is Gonna Come' - Sam Cooke.(He knew that soon we would die. And that happened ).
'Take This Waltz' - Leonard Cohen. (my favorite from Cohen's touching songs).
'He Ain't Heavy, He's my Brother' - The Hollies. (My brother was having a really bad time some years ago. This song always remind me those low moments).
'Mad Man Moon' - Genesis (an old favorite from A Trick of the Tail).
'I Just Wasn't made for these Times' - The Beach Boys .(Brian Wilson said it quite honest ).
'Caroline Says II '-Lou Reed -(One of the saddest songs ever).
'The Birds' -Peter Hammill (Radiohead's Thom Yorke should confess how much he was influenced by Peter Hammill. This is a beautiful song with the great Robert Fripp doing some licks).
'Ashes to Ashes' -David Bowie. (His best song IMHO).
'When Do I' - Bee Gees (an old song from 'Trafalgar').

more soon.

ReplyQuote
(@hanging-chord)
Estimable Member

"Blue Sky Mining"...Midnight Oil

I actually find "The Dead Heart" to be more poignant.

In the same vein, "Seminole Wind" can hit me if I'm in the right frame of mind.

I guess I'm more moved by massive tragedy than individual heartbreak. The latter is unavoidable, the former is not, which makes it all the more heartbreaking.

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

I cannot listen to or play "Stand By Me" or "Bad Moon Rising"- or "Knockin' On Heaven's Door". Any of those three come into my head, or over the radio in a public place, and I freeze (or leave) before I cry.

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

ive never been emotional when it comes to music, films etc - but i do think this is beautiful.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR04kmcSXU
i would love to be able to play it - but i only have 5 fingers on each hand - probably not enough for this!

by the way, great thread!!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3