Clear all

Something pre-Strat

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@itchard)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I decided i'm going to save up for a USA Strat - the bridge is amazing, and the tone variation is jaw-droppingly good. I played on my friends one and really like it.

However, I only have a cheap strat-copy now, and I want something a bit better (or a replacement), while I save up for the Strat. My band is about to start recording and I want something good in my hands rather than my guitar I have now.

So I've been looking at the Santana SE's for a bit. I'm looking for something that's not too expensive (£300ish).

Anybody know what the tremelo is like on these things? Or something that has a nice tremelo for around that amount.

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Check out Rondo; you could probably pick up a couple of guitars (with different sounds for tracking, overdubbing, etc) for the price you might pay for a slight upgrade from the one you have

http://www.rondomusic.net/electricguitar.html

The Santana guitars I've heard are really nice. I've never played one though. If you're not selling your Strat copy to get it, then you'd have a nice range of sounds with both of them.

Best

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

I decided i'm going to save up for a USA Strat - the bridge is amazing, and the tone variation is jaw-droppingly good. I played on my friends one and really like it.

However, I only have a cheap strat-copy now, and I want something a bit better (or a replacement), while I save up for the Strat. My band is about to start recording and I want something good in my hands rather than my guitar I have now.

So I've been looking at the Santana SE's for a bit. I'm looking for something that's not too expensive (£300ish).

Anybody know what the tremelo is like on these things? Or something that has a nice tremelo for around that amount.

A Yamaha Pacifica 112 might not be what you're looking for, but it is one versatile instrument. Sort of a fat-strat copy.

Eric

ReplyQuote