0 Likes
10.4 K Views
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

+1 On Louis Armstrong's Wonderful World

Parts of the Chariots of Fire and Bladerunner Soundtracks by Vangelis

Much Rubycon by Tangerine Dream -- an incredibly sad piece of music

From many years ago:

I Am I Said and Morningside by Neil Diamond (from the 'Hot August Night' live album)

Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Parts of the Chariots of Fire [...] by Vangelis
Sometimes I've commented it, I'm a runner. I finished 4 marathons in Madrid and always there is a man that in a street around the km.25 puts that song continuously while the runners go under his window, several hours on the morning.

Strange feelings there... lots of emotions... it gives me forces to run one meters more... it is better than glucose... 8)

(BTW, Sometimes people is incredible.)

ReplyQuote
(@unimogbert)
Estimable Member

Souveniers by Dan Fogelberg.

Easy song, easy chords. Can't sing it or play it.

Unimogbert
(indeterminate, er, intermediate fingerstyle acoustic)

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Parts of the Chariots of Fire and Bladerunner Soundtracks by Vangelis
Good point. Chariots Fire the suite has definitely such sensitive moments..and I loved Vangelis with Jon Anderson : the complete Friends of Mr Cairo song has some touchy moments specially due to the beautiful voice of Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Crying...that's what I do a lot occasionally.

Songs:

1. It must have been love - Roxette
2. Everything I do - Brandy

More to come...

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

When Lennon was killed I couldn't stand hearing 'Just Like Starting Over' for months!! Even now it is so hard to me to listen to this song: Before the murder I was feeling how happy Lennon was because he had just released a brand new single after five years, returning with Yoko, being prepared for a new start...and then he was shot......It was too much for me...sometimes I get touched with In my Life, or Julia,or Mind Games...but Starting Over will always be so special .

ReplyQuote
(@the-ethical)

"Be My friend" by Free does it for me.

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Wow umm I would have to say ....I really can't recall a song jerking my tears in a long time until about 2 weeks ago i heard an original song from Shawn mayer on the Nashville Star, "I'm Not Looking Back" . Just thinking about it now is bringing tears. No Song EVER done that to me and I'm a girl! (lol, every soft song should do that hey?)

On a serious note...does anybody here think i look like the comedian Judy Gold? Someone called me that the other night and i didn't know if I should say thanks! ( I kinda like her!) :) ;) :D

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Really cry? No one I think.
"(I was alright) 'till I fell in love with you" (Dylan of course) has been a close one occationally :oops:
- EDIT - and I cried when I was writing a new song in june- does that count?

Ginger - had to google her - your hair looks much cooler :wink:

(BTW - Last week I heard that I looked like Robert Smith and Slash (not the same day) :shock: :lol:

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

'Will The Circle Be Unbroken' ..... personal reasons.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

'Will The Circle Be Unbroken' ..... personal reasons.
Aren't thay all? I mean, songs touch us because we relate to them internally.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

You know, I'm feeling pretty much of an insensitive pig right about now. Apart from the Gilbert O'Sullivan song I mentioned earlier, the only piece of music that ever makes me feel like tearing up is the theme tune from the old western, "The Magnificent Seven." I was about 10, maybe 11, when my Grandad took me to the pictures to see that film on a rainy afternoon in the middle of the rainiest summer holidays I can ever remember, so every time I hear it it reminds me of him, and I was very close to my grandad. Still my favourite all time film, too. It's funny, because I'm not much of a classical music buff - but there's just something about that music that's so moving, so awe-inspiring, it literally gives me goosebumps when I hear it, and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

We were a pretty close family - my grandmother was a typical Irish colleen, a real beauty in her younger days, and her favourite song was "Danny Boy." I think of her when I hear that, but it doesn't have anything like the same emotional impact. Ditto for my dad's favourite song - Louis Armstrong's "What A Wonderful World" - and my mother's, Sinatra's "My Way."

So it must be the music - in my opinion, Bernstein's theme is a truly magnificent piece of music, it swoops, it soars, it's just so powerfully emotive I can't hope to put in words the sheer awesome majesty of it....every note, every instrument is perfectly placed....

That's not to say other music doesn't move me - a lot of my favourite old classic rock and pop songs can do that, but not in anything like the same manner. That's more of an adrenalin rush - sure, I can relate to a lyric, or a piece of music, but it's just that one piece of music that does it for me, every time.......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Check this out:

Brahms symphony #4 in E minor. If you ain't overwhelmed yer dead!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Check this out:

Brahms symphony #4 in E minor. If you ain't overwhelmed yer dead!

Cat

Geez mate, unless it picks up real quick you're going have my death on ya conscience... :|

I slipped downstairs and grabbed the version by Otto Klemperer and the Philharmia Orchestra, having not listened to it for years, and took up your challenge. Very pleasant in spots, but the whelm meter isn't leaping into the red zone yet....

...I'm into the 3rd movement now and getting to the bits that Rick Wakeman nicked for "Cans and Brahms" on the Fragile album, and I'm starting to wonder where I left the undertaker's phone number.... cough..... :o

OK... nice finish there.... on to the 4th movement... I may survive yet... :wink:

..oh no... I think I'm fading... NURSE! QUICK! Administer some Tom Waits immediately!.... Orphans, Disc 2 - Bawlers -. FULL VOLUME!....

...phew, that was close.... :mrgreen:

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

There should be a "Posts that made you cry" post. Cuz I was laughing so hard at that one, I was crying. :lol: :cry:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5