Steve Vai Jemini twin overdrive

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey,

Yesterday I tried the Steve Vai Jemini pedal, it has two pedals in one, the boss DS1 and Ibanez TS9 but you can only use one at once! I loved it, however I like to mix overdrives together to give an extra push occassionally. I have also thought about getting the Saturator but apparently according to the guy at the guitar shop it doesn't sound good with a strat. I am thinking about just buying seperate DS1 and TS9 pedals so I can do what I like with them. What do you guys think?

together we stand, divided we fall..........

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

If you haven't already try the Visual Sounds Jekyl and Hyde it does the same thing and let's you mix the two. A friend of mine gave me one and it works great with my Strat. I'm running it through a Fender Deluxe.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Love the sound clips on the website, but wonder if i should still get the two other pedals to have the "real thing"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

stock ds-1's sound pretty trashy. if you go the two pedal route, i'd either upgrade to a better distortion pedal, or get it modded.

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I do already have an OCD and a trex møller which are both great gear so I dunno if I need anything more than those and my Marshall Vintage Modern

ReplyQuote