Clear all

Strap-smiths out there?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@preacher)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ive been braiding leather for around 5 years. Pops and I had the idea that braiding bullwhips could get us some cash. Sadely it failed, but I was messing around with a hide today, and cut off 8 lengths of quarter inch strips of about 80 inches. And I started braiding, the ends gave me a bit of trouble, but I managed (the strap will have to have strap locks). I was doing some research on other braided straps, and found there were none like mine, and I believe the strap making could be a good way to get some cash. Is there anyone else that makes straps, knows someone who does, or can give me any advice on specs?
Thank you for your time,
Preacher

I play the guitar, I taught myself how to play the guitar, which was a bad decision... because I didn't know how to play it, so I was a sh***y teacher. I would never have went to me. -Mitch Hedberg

(@steinar-gregertsen)
Honorable Member

Check this thread over at the Telecaster forum (TDPRI), links to many interesting strap makers there:
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-discussion-forum/134149-definitive-guitar-strap.html

"Play to express, not to impress"
Website - YouTube

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Strapsmiths...Wow.

I never thought that they also existed. So I can get a strap made of rare anaconda leather with diamonds studded on it...J/K. :lol:

Hope you get the one you need.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

These guys make some great straps, but none braided. Perhaps you could ask them to market your line.

https://www.moodyleather.com/

ReplyQuote
(@preacher)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thank yall for your time and imput. As of today I have braided 3 straps, so Im still working it out such things like how to make it adjustable, all the knots, what material that I will have to use, and the like. So Im way away from approaching any company, or even selling one for that matter.
Preacher

I play the guitar, I taught myself how to play the guitar, which was a bad decision... because I didn't know how to play it, so I was a sh***y teacher. I would never have went to me. -Mitch Hedberg

ReplyQuote