Clear all

Strat with Reverend pickups

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

My guitar teacher has been looking for a strat for me. He called me and has an American strat with Reverend pickups in it. I know it's not much information, but any opinions? Particularly on the pickups. He said that they were quality pickups with some real guts. Just wanted to get the opinions of others more knowledgeble than me.

Thanks,

T

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

It depends, which Reverend pups? Lipstick, P90, TV-Jones clones or 'buckers? Reverend guitars usually get good reviews, especially the P90 and 'bucker versions. The thing you may need to ask is are they real Reverend pups or just purchased from Reverend? I have both, because Reverend occasionally sells both its overstock 'custom' spec'ed pups and also cheapo generic versions they apparently remove from some of its overseas models to upgrade with their custom spec'ed versions.

If don't really know the difference or can't get the info, my recommendation is that you play it and see if you like it -- feel and sound. It not, it really doesn't matter if it's got Reverend pups or not, right?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote