Summer Concert Agenda?

13 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

What's up on your summer concert list?

I'm taking my son to see Tom Petty (Trey Anastasio opening) for his birthday.
I'm taking my wife to see Paul Simon for her birthday.
And in September I'm catching Roger Waters.

That's probably it for me.

What about you?

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Suuuuuurrrrrreeeeee you're taking the "son" and "wife" for "birthday" gifts. :lol: J/K

Have fun!

I, on the other hand, was a bad boy this winter spending money on myself so, this summer will be dedicated to my family (not old enough for concerts yet :roll: :lol: ). Various trips to the movies, zoo's and such.

Maybe I'll be able to catch my buddies local band around here, Train of Thought. But, no large venues for me. Oh well, there's always next year. :)

Have a good one.

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

The only things on the agenda at the moment are:

Beloit Riverfest July 13-16, going to catch REO Speedwagon (4th time!), Styx, Foghat, Tesla, Head East, and maybe Loverboy. (my son can't wait to see Styx! 8) )

Link for anyone in the area: http://www.beloitriverfest.com/river/index.html

Then going to catch Foreigner at the Rock County fair in Janesville on July 28th.

Again, link for anyone who lives nearby: http://www.rockcounty4hfair.com/entertainment.html

Rock on! 8)
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I'm hoping to catch Dr. Ralph Stanley and maybe Tift Merrit.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

We've got second row for Chicago in July, which if you know my clan, is a big deal.

Also Melissa Etheridge at MSG.

And a jam or two...

Laz

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I'm gonna start off by catching Dennis tonight, I think... his inaugural gig with the new band :)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

I'm gonna start off by catching Dennis tonight...

Now that sounds like fun. Tell him hi from me!

Mine starts out tonight as well with a visit to Todd Mack and the Star Alternative show at Club Helsinki in Great Barrington. Watch for the CD review! :wink:

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Status Quo (YET AGAIN!) John Fogerty and The Rolling Stones should make this a rocking good summer to remember.....

I saw JF on Jools Holland's "Later" a couple of weeks ago, he played Fortunate Son, Bad Moon Rising and Rockin' All Over The World - the voice is as good as ever, and his backing band sounded pretty good to my ears!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Message delivered, David!

I caught the first two sets of Dennis' new band tonight. Pretty tight, thick sound (2 guitars, 2 basses, 2 vocalists, drummer)

Dennis has come a long way in just a few years. He's a very precise player, and his library of rhythm licks has expanded a great deal.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Suuuuuurrrrrreeeeee you're taking the "son" and "wife" for "birthday" gifts. :lol: J/K

Have fun!

Actually, my wife will be skeptical but she's a huge Simon fan, so maybe not. But in all seriousness, my son for the last two years has asked to go to a concert instead of having a birthday party. Really, I swear! I raised that boy right!!!!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Rolling Stones at Twickenham in August. :D

That's about it for this year apart from the usual local gigs. Missed out on V fest tickets. You have to be quick to beat the touts. :evil:

Still if I only see one big gig this year I could do worse than the Stones.

Besides we've got a Summer of football to look forward to. :lol:

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

so far only Bela Fleck and the Flecktones next month. I was tempted by Mark Knoffler/Emmylou Harris, and the Springsteen Seeger Sessions tour, but the 75.00-95.00 usd price tags turned me off.

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

I saw Live last week

and I'm seeing Panic! At The Disco in July

that's all for now...perhaps a dashboard confessional will be in there too

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote